Stoppie problems

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Stoppie problems
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
Hello,

I have been doing stoppies for some time now, and have recently noticed a major problem with longer ones. Anything over 50 ft., and my rear tire dramatically swings over to the left or right. I can't seem to remedy this problem, and it's the only thing stopping my from doing 100 + ft. ones. I can get it into the balance zone without trouble, but the side-side issue is really annoying.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
bikerjunkie wrote:
Hello,

I have been doing stoppies for some time now, and have recently noticed a major problem with longer ones. Anything over 50 ft., and my rear tire dramatically swings over to the left or right. I can't seem to remedy this problem, and it's the only thing stopping my from doing 100 + ft. ones. I can get it into the balance zone without trouble, but the side-side issue is really annoying.

Thanks

Just like a wheelie - you gotta turn into them and keep a bit of pressure on your bars to keep your balance.

There is a great video, albeit old, of Hans Rey doing a no footed nose wheelie down one of the streets in San Francisco. I watched that on repeat as a kid, shows the technique well. I'm sure it's on YouTube. If not, just watch some of his old vids, like "No Way"....if nothing else, it's a great overview of the history of trials....

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005907
Mobile Version of Website