Making my Gambler more poppy?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Making my Gambler more poppy?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
I’m contemplating either upgrading my 2015 Gambler 730 or selling it and getting a commencal Furious. I’ve lightly read about upgrading the linkage and wondering if that plus FOX 40/DHX2 would put some liveliness in it or would the furious be the better option?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
Poppy can mean a lot of things. You are on a downhill bike, which is gonna require more effort on your part to boost jumps compared to a lighter enduro or trail bike, and suspension won't really help you there.

If you want to get more stiffness out of your bike so it doesn't soak up your pumps, then simply going with a higher spring rate or an air shock is the way to go. But this naturally will make the ride harsher.

Commencal furious is probably a lot more progressive in the linkage, but progressiveness is a combination of shock and linkage, and an air shock with with volume reducers can give you all the progressivity you need on your bike.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
What shock are you running now? Put a Fox Float X2 on it (not the DHX2). Using a combination of air pressure, volume reducers and compression/rebound damping you can make it poppy for jumping.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007242
Mobile Version of Website