Helmet help...sorry!

Previous Page |
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
Trying to make a full face purchase...have done hours of research and can't make a decision. Not much selection locally at LBS so I can't try anything on and have to rely on order and return as needed.

Going to give enduro racing a shot this year...I hope to finish slightly above dead last. I've owned full faces in the past, for the bike park, etc. but it's been a while. No DH racing in my future and MAYBE a random bike park trip here or there. Pretty sure I want something with MIPS, because why not? Realistically, I will wear this helmet a few times a year to race some enduro races and maybe to do some BMX racing as well.

I have TLD D3 Carbon tastes but I am not sure that is what I really need. I admit I geek out on the cool factor, even as an "old guy." Not so sure the lightweight "enduro" style lids are the best idea...but I don't really know either. I would rather have something that is bomber than something that is lighter and more fragile. Detachable face doesn't really matter to me...and I am a little skeptical about how durable they are...but again, what do I know? Thoughts on the following:

1. Bell Full 9 or Fusion 9 MIPS - both of these look pretty good and are around my price point. I don't get why the Full 9 carbon doesn't come with MIPS though...
2. Bell Super DH...cool helmet...skeptical on the detachable chin bar...especially for BMX racing...
3. TLD D3..again only comes with MIPS at the highest price point which is about 200 bucks more than I want to spend and I don't expect to be standing on the podium anytime soon so I don't think I can justify it.
4. Giro Disciple MIPS...reviews say hot and heavy...
5. Fox? I don't even know what to look at...the Proframe looks rad...but so fragile...the Rampage Carbon is sick but probably more "pro" than I need to go.

Can you guys point me in the right direction? I will spend some money for a good helmet, its worth it. I also don't want to go crazy for something that isn't going to get a ton of use or buy something that is not as good as something a little less or more expensive.

Thanks....

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
The Bell Super DH is legit. I’ve had one for a few months. DH rated with or without the chin bar.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
I have a Fox Proframe. Fits great, nice and cool for a full face, and the magnetic chin strap is the dopest thing you will not be able to live without. Your helmet is only good for one crash anyway so I'm not sure that fragility is really an issue

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:25 Quote
Starsky686 wrote:
The Bell Super DH is legit. I’ve had one for a few months. DH rated with or without the chin bar.

Rad...hard to beat the DH rating on that. It’s def the only one with a removable chin bar I’m considering right now. Thanks for the input

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
Etankster wrote:
I have a Fox Proframe. Fits great, nice and cool for a full face, and the magnetic chin strap is the dopest thing you will not be able to live without. Your helmet is only good for one crash anyway so I'm not sure that fragility is really an issue

Def a fair point - I’ll have to pay some more attention to the Proframe. Magnetic chin strap sounds genius lol

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
yeah i have a pro frame too, if I wreck really hard, im going to upgrade to a poc coron air spin, which is a little more expensive, but really safety related, and looks sick. and is also multi impact

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Etankster wrote:

I’ve gone through a few helmets and know when a helmet is no longer safe but unless I fall and hit my head really hard or there is visible damage to the helmet theres no way I’m tossing my $500 helmet out after one crash.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
traqs wrote:
yeah i have a pro frame too, if I wreck really hard, im going to upgrade to a poc coron air spin, which is a little more expensive, but really safety related, and looks sick. and is also multi impact

Yeah I like those POC helmets - super nice looking.

Still trying to be reasonable about what I buy here...leaning toward the Bell Fusion MIPS...wish the Full 9 had MIPS...seems weird their top of the line helmet doesn’t have it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
I'm loving my TLD Stage. Enduro is what it's made for.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
I'm loving my TLD Stage. Enduro is what it's made for.

Thanks - awesome looking helmet for sure.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
You have D3, stick with TLD if if fits your head, thats more important than any other feature.
TLD Stage is good choice for your situation.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
linamerlina wrote:
As private equity financial group, we offer reliable and swift loan assistance to those who genuinely need it, in a much more efficient and business friendly manner, and because of our unique position, we are strategically placed and best able to meet your needs, when and where you want them. At groundbreaking business friendly interest rates, which fit all pockets, we will be happy to help you in times of needs.

Share your thought and if interested contact us today via
E-mail: mahoganylendinggroup@gmail.com
Call: 431 804-7964

oh piss off

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
linamerlina wrote:
As private equity financial group, we offer reliable and swift loan assistance to those who genuinely need it, in a much more efficient and business friendly manner, and because of our unique position, we are strategically placed and best able to meet your needs, when and where you want them. At groundbreaking business friendly interest rates, which fit all pockets, we will be happy to help you in times of needs.

Soooo...what was your helmet suggestion?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
slowlow wrote:
linamerlina wrote:

This is what happens if you don't wear a helmet

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
slowlow wrote:
linamerlina wrote:

This is what happens if you don't wear a helmet

Vouch

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008113
Mobile Version of Website