Direct to consumer or lbs?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Direct to consumer or lbs?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
New bike day is coming soon for me and I’m thinking trek slash(from lbs) or yt capra? I tend to break parts a lot but I don’t consider myself an excellent rider and can’t justify lots of money for my slightly above average skills. I am also looking for the best deal and yt is a no brainer. What would you guys get?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
DTC. Wink

You can still support your LBS by buying parts & accessories from them and/or having your bike serviced. They probably make more money from that anyway.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
DTC. Wink

You can still support your LBS by buying parts & accessories from them and/or having your bike serviced. They probably make more money from that anyway.

That’s a good point. I was on the fence but with that in mind capra is the clear choice

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Nothing wrong with direct to consumer. Nice to try the bike your thinking about out on a real trail first, unless you can demo or know somebody with the DTC bike that can be near impossible. some suspension designs may not be like you hoped and sizing can be odd also. My YT has a long reach but feels cramped seated because the seat tube angle is steep. May have gone XL if I could have demo before. (I always always ride a large before this bike) Also some annoying quality control issues with mine, stuff that would never have flown out of a bike shop just because red flags would be flying after a test ride. (brakes not bled, seatpost bad from factory, bent derailleur hangar, no grease used in assembly of headset,) The bike is still worth the cost, but not turnkey like an assembled unit sitting within 10 feet of the mechanic at a bike shop. A good shop can help you set up everything to suit you like shocks and seat/ bar/grips pedals blah blah blah, but they gonna look at you a bit sideways when you looking for help on your new DTC bike with reflectors still on wheels and several issues...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008280
Mobile Version of Website