Need ideas about a new bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Need ideas about a new bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Hey,
I'm looking to change things up and want to pick brains.
I've got a basically new Fox 36 with 51mm offset.
It is on a 2019 Fuel EX 29er
I do enjoy how it rides though it turns out that the bike is too small - (19.5, I'm 6'2")
I've lengthened the stem and dropped the stem too in an attempt to get a bit more room, but there is no getting around that it is cramped.

So, I want to change bikes.
I ride flat stuff mostly (Long Island) but I do like to go to bike parks and am happy jumping the bike, etc... So I'm looking for a well-rounded bike.

So I'm looking for ideas of what framesets are out there that I can utilize the 51mm offset fork (150mm travel) and have a bike that feels similarly playful and capable.

My brand choices:
Guerilla Gravity
Santa Cruz
Specialized
Trek
Yeti
Salsa

I'm open to other ideas. I have limited demo opportunities.

Thoughts?

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
eragot wrote:
Hey,
I'm looking to change things up and want to pick brains.
I've got a basically new Fox 36 with 51mm offset.
It is on a 2019 Fuel EX 29er
I do enjoy how it rides though it turns out that the bike is too small - (19.5, I'm 6'2")
I've lengthened the stem and dropped the stem too in an attempt to get a bit more room, but there is no getting around that it is cramped.

So, I want to change bikes.
I ride flat stuff mostly (Long Island) but I do like to go to bike parks and am happy jumping the bike, etc... So I'm looking for a well-rounded bike.

So I'm looking for ideas of what framesets are out there that I can utilize the 51mm offset fork (150mm travel) and have a bike that feels similarly playful and capable.

My brand choices:
Guerilla Gravity
Santa Cruz
Specialized
Trek
Yeti
Salsa

I'm open to other ideas. I have limited demo opportunities.

Thoughts?

If you are having trouble with siding go mondraker. I have one and it by far the longest bike out of all of my friends and I still have a medium frame. It is fun to pedal around on flat but is super stable in the air. All there stuff is quality but they are hard to find as they are an import brand. Also they are kinda pricy but they are worth it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Wkramer510 wrote:
eragot wrote:
Hey,
Thoughts?

If you are having trouble with siding go mondraker. I have one and it by far the longest bike out of all of my friends and I still have a medium frame. It is fun to pedal around on flat but is super stable in the air. All there stuff is quality but they are hard to find as they are an import brand. Also they are kinda pricy but they are worth it.

I'll take a look

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007212
Mobile Version of Website