High rise bars? what are you riding and why?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
High rise bars? what are you riding and why?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
Hi everyone! I just ordered a new 60mm i9 stem to replace my 40mm cause I'm long in the torso and want a lil extra reach out front. for the same reason i usually prefer a Bar with a descent amount of rise. and 780 wide. I see most companies ether have 35 38 or 40MM rise. just curious what yall are riding and whats yall suggestions are and why?

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 3:44 Quote
Deity Highside 80mm... Built up a '14 Stache for the wife with a Thudbuster seatpost.
She needs the riding position upright and comfortable but the bar reach was way to long plus was not high enough and the 80mm solved both and 760mm width is perfect.

I tried it on my FS and like it but a 50mm bar is probably more suitable for the riding position I need.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
I'm using Renthal fat bar in 40mm rise, Spank spoon 40mm and
Funn Fatboy in 38mm rise, as these were the highest rise available to
me at the time.
Had I known of the Deity Highside 80mm, I would have gone
for these, however, they only seem to be available in the US, and with the bloody
stupid high shipping charges of most its kinda off putting.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
right on guys. @muddytreker The Renthal 35 carbon or the Enve M7 bars are the 2 im looking at. the easton haven bars i have i believe are also 40mm rise so more than likely between them., @Heist30 those deity would be a bit much but aslo are only in 31,8 and i need 35mm clamp. second options are the cromag carbon bars in 35mm rise. they come in green to match my bike so thats a nice plus lol

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
With regards to bar clamp size, I use shims 31.8mm to 35 mm, this allows my
Spank spoon 40mm rise 31.8 clamp to work with my race face atlus 35mm bar
clamp stem.

Its bad enough trying to get the bar rise height, so damned if I'm gonna be hindered
by the clamp size aswell whence the use of shims.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
Spank 50mm rise vibrocore.

Because I wanted some high rise bars and they were on sale, 800mm wide and 50mm High.

They have been great for the last 2 years.

I'm not convinced by the vibrocore bit. I am very convinced they fit my hand shape so bough spank bars when I needed some for my hardtail. I bought vibrocore the second time as it was £5 extra compared to normal.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
Its bad enough trying to get the bar rise height, so damned if I'm gonna be hindered
by the clamp size aswell whence the use of shims.

lol I hear that! I think im gonna go with the ENVE M7's they are a 40mm rise.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Stock bars/stem on Ragley Bigwig too short. They left a 25mm spacer on top of the stem, so I put that below for a few days. Still too low. Got a SpankSpike Vibrocore 50mm rise bar at Jenson on sale.

With the extra 25mm spacers, it's weird pedaling standing up. I put the spacers back on top & it's fantastic. Looks lame, but I don't care. I just cant bear to cut my fork tube.

And the vibrocore is just marketing. I can't tell the difference.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
Recently switched to the Spank Spike in 800 and 50mm rise, so far really positive (from a Renthal in 800/40mm). Shape is fine, coming from Renthals, and I didn't buy the vibrocore version. Probably more marketing than function as itsnotbroken wrote.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Recently switched to the Spank Spike in 800 and 50mm rise, so far really positive (from a Renthal in 800/40mm). Shape is fine, coming from Renthals, and I didn't buy the vibrocore version. Probably more marketing than function as itsnotbroken wrote.

I'm also running the Spank Spike bars in 50mm rise on my hardtail. Really helps take the pressure off my lower back, I have arthritis in my lower back, and the higher rise really helps.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Nukeproof Neutron 38mm rise, and an 80mm stem. At almost 6'6" I need that to get a halfway 'normal' feeling position, even on an XL bike. Even when I get the next bike with a really long reach (which I've tested and feels great) I'll still want rise on the bars.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
35mm OneUp Carbon bar. Phenomenally brilliant. Smashing rock gardens like they tiny little pebbles Big Grin Cannot recommend this bar enough

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007069
Mobile Version of Website