Megneg on v3 Bronson

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Megneg on v3 Bronson
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
Just put a Megneg on my v3Bronson with 2 positive tokens and 1 negative band with 247psi feels great ! Anyone had any experience with same bike and Megneg setup ??

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
I've settled on 3 bands/ 1 token and run 245 PSI. 2 bands felt a bit choppy, 4 bands was good and 3 just felt glued to the ground but still poppy.,,,have been to lazy to try with no positive tokens.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
I’m a bit confused on whether MegNeg makes sense on this bike.

From stock setup (3 tokens) ShockWiz said to remove tokens, took one out and it still says remove tokens. This tells me it should be less progressive. Wouldn’t MegNeg do the opposite and make it more progressive?

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
Stock can with three tokens, 180 psi, 30% sag felt great except I ran out of travel. MegNeg with three bands, two volume spacers and 226 psi, 30% sag managed all the green lights on the shockwiz. (LSC 4 clicks, rebound 6 clicks from slow) I'm 180 pounds.

However it didn't feel quite as plush or as stuck to the ground as stock (more pop though) but I did have some travel in reserve. So hopefully all four bands,one volume spacer and psi down to 220 should do the trick.

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
alpinetreecare wrote:
Stock can with three tokens, 180 psi, 30% sag felt great except I ran out of travel. MegNeg with three bands, two volume spacers and 226 psi, 30% sag managed all the green lights on the shockwiz. (LSC 4 clicks, rebound 6 clicks from slow) I'm 180 pounds.

However it didn't feel quite as plush or as stuck to the ground as stock (more pop though) but I did have some travel in reserve. So hopefully all four bands,one volume spacer and psi down to 220 should do the trick.

Minus a few PSI and a red band (3 bands, 1 token), that's exactly how I'm running my MegNeg on my Bronson V3. Feels way better than stock all-around, in my opinion, I went with

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
I’m looking to try the Megneg on my Bronson. I don’t like the dead feeling and lack of pop with the stock suspension. It’s good to feel like the bike is tracking the ground but sometimes you want to skip over stuff or pop off of little features and the stock setup just doesn’t do that well. Sounds like what you guys are describing is exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
What weight kitted up and ready to ride are you guys??

I fitted a Meg Neg a month or so back and currently have it with 1 token and 3 bands. 2 clicks rebound back from fully open (Fast) and 2 clicks compression back from fully closed (slow). Air pressure is 250psi

Rider weight with kit - Approx 82kg

The above gives me 30% sag, not a lot of travel left (if any) after a ride. Which is always natural stuff in The Peak District, Wales and the Lake District.

Bike feels great most of the time

What sag are you all running??

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Just installed my MegNeg. I'm a bit heavier at 228lbs. Going to start with 2 bands, 1 token and 290psi (30%sag). Feels different jibbing around in the neighborhood for sure. Can't wait to see how it feels on the trail (if it ever stops raining here).

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 4:07 Quote
mtbgeartech wrote:
Just installed my MegNeg. I'm a bit heavier at 228lbs. Going to start with 2 bands, 1 token and 290psi (30%sag). Feels different jibbing around in the neighborhood for sure. Can't wait to see how it feels on the trail (if it ever stops raining here).

Did a first ride on this setup. I did up the psi to 295 and that still had me at 33% sag. It was very active on the top and ramped up quite a bit at the end so much so that I didn't use all the travel 3-4mm remained. I've added a band and stayed with 295psi to get a bit higher in the travel. I'll do a ride with some harder hits and g-outs to see if I use all the travel. If not the next step will be to remove the last volume spacer.

Overall, more support and more traction so far.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
I’ve been experimenting with a Megneg on my Bronson since the stock Super Deluxe with 3.5 positive tokens didn’t have much mid stroke support and blew through the travel way to easy. After several different combos with the MegNeg I finally got the “oh wow” feeling with 1 positive token, 4 negative bands, and 230psi giving me just about 30% sag. The bike now has the compliant beginning stroke, supportive mid stroke, and a decent amount of fight at the end of the stroke with a soft bottom out. I’m 175lbs geared up and most enjoy ripping through rocks.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
So in my search for even better suspension performance on the Bronson I installed the Cascade LT link. Game changer, just awesome. I then went a step further and installed a CC DBiL coil...game over! This is the best feeling rear suspension I've ever experienced on a non-DH bike.

When the coil felt so good on the back of course my curiosity was piqued. In went the Vorsprung Smashpot at 170mm.

The bike is supportive and responsive while taking the harness out of the trail. It isn't a sofa ride, you still know whats going on with the trail below you it's just communicated in a smooth and controllable manner. Root filled flat corners are crazy addicting on this setup. Insane amounts of traction.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
chicken74 wrote:
Just put a Megneg on my v3Bronson with 2 positive tokens and 1 negative band with 247psi feels great ! Anyone had any experience with same bike and Megneg setup ??
What’s size megneg was for the v3 bronson? Are you still enjoying it? Just wish the x2 fitted nicely ☹️

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
rydelean wrote:
chicken74 wrote:
What’s size megneg was for the v3 bronson? Are you still enjoying it? Just wish the x2 fitted nicely ☹️

Megneg kit 47.5 - 55mm

Yeah loving it.

Changed setup a little and now running for the better

260psi
2x tokens
2x bands
4 LSC
6 Rebound

82kg ish riding very mixed and varied natural trails in the NW

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
mtbgeartech wrote:
So in my search for even better suspension performance on the Bronson I installed the Cascade LT link. Game changer, just awesome. I then went a step further and installed a CC DBiL coil...game over! This is the best feeling rear suspension I've ever experienced on a non-DH bike.

When the coil felt so good on the back of course my curiosity was piqued. In went the Vorsprung Smashpot at 170mm.

The bike is supportive and responsive while taking the harness out of the trail. It isn't a sofa ride, you still know whats going on with the trail below you it's just communicated in a smooth and controllable manner. Root filled flat corners are crazy addicting on this setup. Insane amounts of traction.

I'm running this exact same shock and linkage setup and 1,000% agree. Still getting the shock tuned but right off the bat in the factory settings it was definitely a BRONSON SMASH sensation. I'm still curious about doing some "side-by-side" comparisons with the stock air shock and new Cascade linkage. I'm also really surprised how poppy it feels (when tuned for pop), this is my first coil and was not expecting that based on what I've read about air v. coil.

I also upgraded to a 170 Grip2 - I'm on the fence, might go back to 160 but I think I need to play around with my stem shim stacking.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Carlos-27 wrote:
rydelean wrote:
chicken74 wrote:

Megneg kit 47.5 - 55mm

Yeah loving it.

Changed setup a little and now running for the better

260psi
2x tokens
2x bands
4 LSC
6 Rebound

82kg ish riding very mixed and varied natural trails in the NW
Got one on order now wondering what setup to start with, being a fat git lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011669
Mobile Version of Website