Trainer suggestion post ACL tear

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Trainer suggestion post ACL tear
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
Hey folks,

So I blew up my ACL at the bike park 3 weeks ago and, because I'm in Canada, it'll be 8 months before I get surgery.

I bought a cheap stationary bike to take to work with me(I work out of town) but i don't think its going to do a hell of a lot to strengthen my leg pre and post op. It does help to keep stiffness away though.

I wondering about trainers. I don't want to spend $2000 dollars on one, but I'd like one that is going to be beneficial to my recovery.

Right now I can pedal my enduro bike fairly well, on mellow trails, but once the snow starts flying, it's really going to hinder my recovery.

Looking for suggestions because I know absolutely nothing about them.

Cheers.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
Why you waiting 8 months?

My girlfriend has done both right and left ACL, we have a cheap $400 stationary bike, as long as your leg goes around with some resistance your good. She also rode her MTN bike on green trails prior to surgery, as long as you keep your leg straight (no twisting) it functions fine.

Unless you just want to invest in something high end....that's your call...Nodic Track has a decent commercial one for $1000-ish

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006678
Mobile Version of Website