Vermont Towns for Outdoor Families

PB Forum :: USA - East
Vermont Towns for Outdoor Families
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Hey Pinkbikers East -
I'm moving out to Vermont for work in November - and I'll can be based out of Randolph or South Burlington. I'm coming from Logan, UT, where I'm used to some pretty great mountain trails, with 20+miles of trail from my doorstep.

Question is, if you could commute to either Randolph or Burlington for work, and wanted to live near great trails, where would you choose to live?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
daytoncrites wrote:
Hey Pinkbikers East -
I'm moving out to Vermont for work in November - and I'll can be based out of Randolph or South Burlington. I'm coming from Logan, UT, where I'm used to some pretty great mountain trails, with 20+miles of trail from my doorstep.

Question is, if you could commute to either Randolph or Burlington for work, and wanted to live near great trails, where would you choose to live?

I would likely choose to live in Waterbury if easy access to riding options is #1 priority. Its an easy commute to Burlington. Fantastic riding in all directions, including right out your door. Perry Hill, Northfield, Stowe, Waitsfield, Richmond all have great riding, As your circle widens, even more. Central VT is spoiled with riding opportunities.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
daytoncrites wrote:
Hey Pinkbikers East -

Second on Waterbury being the spot for riding if you're working in Burlington. I live near Montpelier and the riding in central Vermont is plentiful and extremely good. The trails available within an hour of Waterbury will keep you busy for years.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
Like they said - Waterbury is where you want to be...or if you end up working in South Burlington you should look at Richmond as well. You can't beat those two locations and they offer good schools, "affordable" housing options, easy commuting and strong sense of local, small town community.

My wife and I and our 2 boys (11 and 9) live in Burlington because it is central to what we need, but spend nearly every weekend riding all over Vermont and haven't scratched the surface yet...been doing it as a family pretty steadily for the past 6-7 years now and still finding new places to ride. I can not say enough about the family riding community here...there are multiple kids summer camps, after school programs, teams...etc. The kid or youth riding scene here is really strong. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. I can provide a lot of helpful info about the region, as well as real estate - I am in the industry - don't worry, I won't try to sell you anything!

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
daytoncrites wrote:
Hey Pinkbikers East -

Prepare to be blown away by Vermont trails, bike culture and quality of life. Can be a harsh winter if you don't have a hobby to get you through, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010547
Mobile Version of Website