Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
Frame
Evil Offering

Setup
X01 derailleur
GX Shifter, chain, and cassette
Carbon descendant GXP crankset
32T 3mm offset chainring

I’ve had multiple shops now take a look/adjust/replace bits and pieces of my drivetrain, and still I’ve now been encountering the same problem recently.

More than a few times having had my LBS adjust and tension, replace worn cassette and chain, replace pulley wheels on my derailleur, and most recently replaced my shifter cable and housing. It then feels good for a week or so before I then experience the same problem as before. Stiff/resistance when shifting up into easier gears. It’s a point where to actually make it shift up into an easier gear, I have to push the trigger and then continue pushing it past the initial click until I can the physically feel the difference of the chain then moving into the easier gear.

The Evil Offering is nearly a straight shot with zero kinks happening to the housing/cable as it only passes through the chainstay before being external from then on to the shifter. I’m just kind of at the end of this before I throw it out and get a cheap 11 speed replacement.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
And when shifting into a harder gear, its a toss up as to when it'll actually shift into that next cog.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
Strange how it seems to feel ok for a week then come back. Make sure your B limit screw has been adjusted with the red SRAM b limit adjustment tool while you are sitting on the bike and your suspension is at sag. The Eagle drivetrain seems to be so finnicky. If a single piece is even a few mm's out of alignment it causes problems. Did the bike shop you took it to also make sure the high and low limit screws are set properly? The center of the upper jockey wheel should be inline with the outer edge of the smallest cog and inline with the center of the largest cog. Did they check that your derailleur hanger is straight?

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
All was checked and double checked. Checked again at my LBS, said my chain was too long. Took out two links and adjusted. Then I rode, and found it still to be shifting like shit. So, I took it back. Now another day.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
Adjusted and replaced the cable and housing (again), and I rode it today and its much better, not perfect but it is better.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Adjusted and replaced the cable and housing (again), and I rode it today and its much better, not perfect but it is better.

What cable and housing is being used. That is important.

Set b screw tight so chain rubs onto 50t cog when shifting up to it, in the stand just a bit. But not much when riding the bike.

Cable tension is fine tuned on the 42t below the 50t cog. Thats the crucial area for tension adjustments.

The true fix is going to an AXS eagle setup. Been on it all season. It works very well.

The shifters can have issues as well.

In my experience the gx eagle is good and shifts well. X01 eagle is much more crisp and consistent over hundreds of miles.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006838
Mobile Version of Website