Trailforks and Garmin - map updates?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks and Garmin - map updates?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
On the Garmin Edge devices that come with Trailforks baked in and you’ve unlocked the map, or when you’ve added the Trailforks app and downloaded your regional map - how does the Trailforks map on the Garmin Edge get updated? Obviously, trails are being added and edited constantly in Trailforks. Will the Garmin unit auto update as the Trailforks map changes, or does the map on the Garmin device have to be manually updated by the user by importing the map into the device?

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
Achilles75 wrote:
On the Garmin Edge devices that come with Trailforks baked in and you’ve unlocked the map, or when you’ve added the Trailforks app and downloaded your regional map - how does the Trailforks map on the Garmin Edge get updated? Obviously, trails are being added and edited constantly in Trailforks. Will the Garmin unit auto update as the Trailforks map changes, or does the map on the Garmin device have to be manually updated by the user by importing the map into the device?

Garmin releases the updated maps. I am not 100% on the frequency of these updates, but I believe it's 3 times a year. I'd have to confirm that.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
Achilles75 wrote:

If you plug your Garmin into desktop with Garmin Express installed and running, it will tell you if there's an updated version of the Trailforks maps available.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008680
Mobile Version of Website