Bronson ... Mullet!

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson ... Mullet!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
Has anyone tried this yet!? I have a V3, love it to pieces, but I’m intrigued.. mainly because my right wrist is a bit nakered, and like the idea of a bigger front hoop just to take the edge of the hard stuff.

I know I need to look into the numbers but have not had the time yet, just wondered if anybody else has?

It’s setup 170 front, so was thinking of swapping it to a 150mm 29r fork to match the rear travel, and keep the flip chip in the high position. I have no idea if this is workable, as it’s all about numbers.. and angles and stuff.. !

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
cristiantomlinson wrote:
Has anyone tried this yet!? I have a V3, love it to pieces, but I’m intrigued.. mainly because my right wrist is a bit nakered, and like the idea of a bigger front hoop just to take the edge of the hard stuff.

I know I need to look into the numbers but have not had the time yet, just wondered if anybody else has?

It’s setup 170 front, so was thinking of swapping it to a 150mm 29r fork to match the rear travel, and keep the flip chip in the high position. I have no idea if this is workable, as it’s all about numbers.. and angles and stuff.. !

Sarah Moore actually did this to her Staff Ride:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/staff-rides-sarah-moores-juliana-roubion-mullet-bike.html

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 0:50 Quote
I tried it for a few days and wouldn‘t recommend it if you want a smoother ride. My 170mm fork felt better on the really rough stuff. On breaking bumps and so on the 29“ wheel did a good job and it was smoother but if you ride hard i‘d stay with the 650b wheels.

For me personally it also felt worse when cornering hard, I just couldn‘t smash turns as hard as i was able to do with the smaller wheel.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
I did it to a Nomad V4 and it was fun to play around on for a few days. Went 170 on 27.5 to 160 on the 29. Rollover wasn't magically or significantly better on the 29. If it were me I'd look at new grips, bar and stem to relieve wrist pain and a Luftkappe or DS Designs RUNT / equivalent in your country. For the money I feel it would be better than new fork and wheel set up. Check with your mates to see if they have a set up you can borrow, that is what I did.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012509
Mobile Version of Website