Invisiframe for Ripmo?

PB Forum :: Ibis
Invisiframe for Ripmo?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
Ordered a Ripmo yesterday from my lbs, after much debate between the AF I finally pulled the trigger on the carbon version. Mostly becuase I knew not ever owning a fully carbon bike it would bother me, maybe I regret it in a year but I enjoyed the demo bike so should be solid.
Anyways, looking for an invisiframe kit and wondering how difficult it is to apply to the Ripmo. Does the bike need to be completely torn down or can it be applied with brakes/cables routed?
I ordered the blue/orange (cuz why not?) and to my luck cannot find a gloss invisiframe kit in stock (fanatik), matte would probably look strange with a gloss frame unless anyone else has done similar?
Anyone ordered from invisiframe in the UK directly to USA and can comment on shipping times? $22 for shipping on a sticker pack is a little egregious in my opinion.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Ordered a Ripmo yesterday from my lbs, after much debate between the AF I finally pulled the trigger on the carbon version. Mostly becuase I knew not ever owning a fully carbon bike it would bother me, maybe I regret it in a year but I enjoyed the demo bike so should be solid.
Anyways, looking for an invisiframe kit and wondering how difficult it is to apply to the Ripmo. Does the bike need to be completely torn down or can it be applied with brakes/cables routed?
I ordered the blue/orange (cuz why not?) and to my luck cannot find a gloss invisiframe kit in stock (fanatik), matte would probably look strange with a gloss frame unless anyone else has done similar?
Anyone ordered from invisiframe in the UK directly to USA and can comment on shipping times? $22 for shipping on a sticker pack is a little egregious in my opinion.

Good luck, my Ripmo is getting warrantied after less than a year. I'd love to have the AF instead.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
Explodo wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Good luck, my Ripmo is getting warrantied after less than a year. I'd love to have the AF instead.

Well, at least they are backing up the warranty I suppose. What happened to the frame?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Explodo wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Well, at least they are backing up the warranty I suppose. What happened to the frame?

Crack extending around the seat tube from in front of the upper link.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
I applied an Invisiframe kit, need to remove rear wheel and plastic down tube protector but possible to do without tearing down the whole frame. Budget a lot of time, it’s not hard but there are many pieces, dont be shy with the spray bottle...soak it and squeegee away.

Matte is not as matte as the paint, the kit I applied was on a black one and the areas with protection are noticeably more glossy than the paint...I personally do not think it would look strange on a blue frame but haven’t seen it myself.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
cachaulo wrote:
I applied an Invisiframe kit, need to remove rear wheel and plastic down tube protector but possible to do without tearing down the whole frame. Budget a lot of time, it’s not hard but there are many pieces, dont be shy with the spray bottle...soak it and squeegee away.

Matte is not as matte as the paint, the kit I applied was on a black one and the areas with protection are noticeably more glossy than the paint...I personally do not think it would look strange on a blue frame but haven’t seen it myself.

Thanks for the info, I ended up just ordering directly from invisiframe in London and it was delivered within 48 hours of ordering, pretty impressed with the quick delivery. Bike is supposed to arrive next week.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
I installed the matte kit on my black Ripmo recently - I ended up using auto detailing clay bar lube spray and felt like it was a piece of cake. Spent more time cleaning the frame than I did applying the stickers.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
I just did an Invisiframe install on my size large ripmo. I removed cranks, rear wheel and downtube protector. Make sure you follow their instructions and order of installation. Plan on it taking a while to install but don't rush it. I cleaned the bike multiple times and 50/50 it. I also cleaned it while I installed piece after piece with the 50/50. Overall 90% of the install I did looks great with just a few bubbles I popped later. A few edges did lift and I didn't notice before I rode it and those areas now have dirt attached.

Would be nice if you could order partial kits to have spares for these type of scenarios. In my case I will probably order a second kit.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
hurljohn wrote:
I just did an Invisiframe install on my size large ripmo. I removed cranks, rear wheel and downtube protector. Make sure you follow their instructions and order of installation. Plan on it taking a while to install but don't rush it. I cleaned the bike multiple times and 50/50 it. I also cleaned it while I installed piece after piece with the 50/50. Overall 90% of the install I did looks great with just a few bubbles I popped later. A few edges did lift and I didn't notice before I rode it and those areas now have dirt attached.

Would be nice if you could order partial kits to have spares for these type of scenarios. In my case I will probably order a second kit.

I installed mine last night also and it went pretty well. Few small bubbles but that can get poped. Overall looks great. Chain stay to seat tube bridges were a PIA. I didn’t get crazy with the pre cleaning, just soap and water and didn’t have any issues, but bike was fresh out of the box. I only removed rear wheel, and down tube protector.

I also heard you can order individual pieces if you ripped one or want a do over, you probably just have to email them directly but beats buying a whole kit. Well worth the $100 and 2 hours of my time though.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009529
Mobile Version of Website