Wrong calculated trail time

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Wrong calculated trail time
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Hi,

When i import a ride log (manualy with gpx) in trailforks, the calculated times for the trails are wrong compared to strava time or manualy gpx check.
For example, on this trail my time is 0:45 for trailforks and 1:11 for Strava... Is it normal ?

And, i don't want use strava for import ridelogsConfused .

Thx

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
This is normal, different apps will calculate and match gps tracks to trails or segments differently. On Trailforks we also auto-crop the timed segment of the trail from the start and end. So if you are standing around the trail head it;s not counting towards your time on that trail, we crop it in 20 meters or so down the trail before we start the time tracking.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
Hello Canadaka. Actually, with this I have problem. If I stay close to trail start, or if I climb trail and afterwards I am going downhill the same trail, it is count my rest time too. Also it some times say that I had not did complete trail. It is a pitty because it is nice trailforks feature. Strava segments working quite well on tha same tracks, so I belive that it can be improoved also at trailforks with time Smile

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
Ok, thanks for your explaing canadaka Smile .
So, there is no point comparing utilities in same leaderboard which have been calculated using different methods... Cry

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009040
Mobile Version of Website