DECOY feedback anyone

PB Forum :: YT Industries
DECOY feedback anyone
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
Thinkin of buyin a decoy . Anyone have any feedback on them. Thanks

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
I've had mine a few months now. Other than having some issues with the firmware on the Shimano drive system I've had zero problems with the bike. I love it . It does ride kind of heavy but of course it is a heavy bike. It will be better once they get the bigger battery for it but as of now the range is adequate. I'm not a big fan of fox suspension, but I upgraded the 36 fork with vorsprung luftkappe and it is much better. I would definitely recommend buying CF pro race, the spec is just worth the money.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
I presume the bigger battery will be released as a spare ?? Thanks for the feedback too

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Get one you will love it. Dealing with and buying the bike from there website is a pain in the ass, at least in the USA anyway. But the bike rocks, very good quality. As far as being 49 lbs, you only feel that going down hill, which I like because it is as stable as my old DH bike (smooth and hooked up) plus I'm 60 and I can toss it around in the air with no problems. I worried about battery life like everyone I'm sure, but if I ride with my regular group of friends, I'm in eco 95% of the time. I use one bar out of 5 on the battery in 2 1/2 hour loops. I do 3 rides before having to charge it at all. I can do loops by myself in trail and boost, go twice as far, twice as fast and have as much going up or on flat ground as going down, and I'll use 2 bars. If the bigger battery is much heavier, I'll stick with the 540 wh..

Gregg

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Love my Decoy, had it for close to 4 months. Agree with others that the feel is like a DH bike and fun for trail riding. Weight is negated by motor mostly and to me is more stable than a regular bike at speed, on jumps, on drops. Can say that it will do anything I can do on a regular bike, just faster.

540W battery is adequate for most days, most I've managed on a charge was 31 miles. On big climb days you'll get less but I have not found a time where I really wanted more after depleting the battery, I'm spent usually.

700W battery is supposed to come out early 2020. 540W to 700W is a 30% increase, you should expect a 30% increase in weight, probably 1.5-2lbs for the added capacity. I'm having an internal debate about this because only on weekends would I have enough time to really use a 700W battery, I'm more tempted to buy a second 540W to have on standby in my truck or in my backpack for a huge ride day. All depends on your riding preferences.

Can't say enough how much I love this bike. Rear EXO+ Minion didn't last me long, if you're riding anything remotely rocky you will need DH casing or an E-specific tire like Michelin E-Wilds or Schwalbe Eddy Current for rear. Had issues with E13 cassette but was warrantied fast. Personally would avoid carbon rims because of the hits this bike will take.

My experience with YT and ordering was painless, hardly had to wait, always get someone friendly on the phone for questions.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
billridesmtb wrote:
I've had mine a few months now. Other than having some issues with the firmware on the Shimano drive system I've had zero problems with the bike. I love it . It does ride kind of heavy but of course it is a heavy bike. It will be better once they get the bigger battery for it but as of now the range is adequate. I'm not a big fan of fox suspension, but I upgraded the 36 fork with vorsprung luftkappe and it is much better. I would definitely recommend buying CF pro race, the spec is just worth the money.

@billridesmtb: what firmware issues did you have? I'm currently unable to start the bike. For some reason it starts automatically when I connect the battery only to freeze on the start up screen. It won't shut down through the power button either.

@funbert: I bought the decoy base. It's my first eMTB and I'm having a blast riding it down the trails. It's a heavy bike and rides that way too. It's great fun going down, it's a decent climber but you'll have to work and use your body weight to guide it through tight, fast corners.

I would recommend to go at least for the pro though. I only bought the base because I'm upgrading it with Ohlins suspension.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008680
Mobile Version of Website