Holdiay pricing/Custom Bike Build

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Holdiay pricing/Custom Bike Build
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
Considering if bike parts go on sale during the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays if that might make a custom build more feasible. I've read for a lot of people it is not a savings to custom build.
Considering a custom build chromag or stanton hardtail. I have no other bike to pull parts off so I will need to purchase all parts.
How much could you save. Will dealers for these brands put complete bikes on sale during this time period? Your advise please.

Thank You!

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
They might go on sale, check your bike shop, they might clean house.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
hardtail1416 wrote:
Considering if bike parts go on sale during the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays if that might make a custom build more feasible. I've read for a lot of people it is not a savings to custom build.
Considering a custom build chromag or stanton hardtail. I have no other bike to pull parts off so I will need to purchase all parts.
How much could you save. Will dealers for these brands put complete bikes on sale during this time period? Your advise please.

Thank You!

One doesn’t custom build to save money. You do it to get exactly what you want without having to swap out parts on a full build. I also have a lot of fun working through build options and am constantly making adjustments to my bikes.

That said, if you are smart about it you can definitely save a few bucks by waiting on sales and focusing money on things that matter to you versus things that don’t. For me suspension is the most important near the bottom would be cranks where they can be replaced in the future and the biggest difference as you move up is weight/stiffness.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
As above, its mostly about getting what you want but I definitely still save quite a bit doing a custom build. For instance on my recent Kingdom build, all parts were new and I got the Ibis wheels 50% off, the helm fork 40% off, the brakes 40% off, etc. It let me build a top spec bike (Kingdom Ti frame, XX1/eeWings drivetrain, Helm, carbon wheels, yada yada) for the price of a lot of base builds.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007472
Mobile Version of Website