Any one know of any Mountain biking trails around newmarket Suffolk area

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Any one know of any Mountain biking trails around newmarket Suffolk area
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
Moved into newmarket Suffolk and looking for anyone to ride with and to check out any new trails x/c in the area

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
There is phoenix bike park at phoenix cycle works in kentford a few miles away. Good for a short trip , great for practicing skills with progressive tables ,gaps, drops and will be yr nearest decent bike shop too. Twisted oaks has just opened near Ipswich with non member days every now and again or cheap membership check out on Facebook. Thetford for some xc riding (flat) Brandon side has some nice hidden stuff look for plumbuster on trailforks app Or high lodge side for marked trails. Chicksands is about an hour away and well worth a visit , Woburn is a little further , Danbury is probably the same distance. Good pumptrack in haverhill too

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
I went Twisted Oaks for the first time yesterday, wasn't a bad day, not the biggest place but enough to keep you occupied for the day. I'm local to Danbury so that's where I ride most of the time. Good fun with some well maintained trails.
Chicksands again is good, the dual slalom is great fun, and similar distance I think is Aston Hill which has some great downhill runs

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
Thetford forrest, two dull flat loops that are quite tame but a good section 'the beast' that has two other trails running along side it that are similar. mostly surfaced so good if every where else is soaking wet.

Tunstall Forrest Viking loop, near Sudbourne/Snape a better tech loop with a few small hills an 99% single track, can be a chore in the wet as mostly natural surface.

Twisted oak, Short but good loop with the only climbs as your'e gonna get around here an old school tech single track, Haven't ridden it in the wet yet but there is a 'swampy' section that I reckon will hold the water. Also a bike park so great jump sections.

Pheonix, quite modern man made XC, never ridden it but seems popular

there are some more forestry commission "cycle" loops about. Also some good pirate stuff in Sheringham, pretty corner and Sheringham country park, quite spread out though

Then there's the XC loop at Woburn an a forrest loop near Chicksands, Danbury common is good for flowy mini DH lines an I think there's XC there but unmarked

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006370
Mobile Version of Website