Specialized BH 24" rear tyre/ sprocket options....280lb rider

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized BH 24" rear tyre/ sprocket options....280lb rider
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
I'm a big guy I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid growing up in the tropics and I have spent most of my life on two wheels however I just got bigger and bigger as mountain biking and surfing were displaced by my martial arts career

So now that I am a 280-pound cage fighter I like to mountain bike for cardio and for the fun of simple jumps and drops

I picked up a special built specialized big hit with a 24 inch rear wheel/bomber forks a little over a decade ago and I have been totally focused on MMA for the last few years and don't know what kind of options are out there

I just want the toughest most durable stuff at the best price... couldn't care less about other issues

My bike needs a new rear tyre & Sprocket

I feel like it's a bit too geared for climbing and I would like a bigger more aggressive dirt Tyre as I've recently relocated to North Carolina and have lots of mud

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
nada on a simple question

#dead forum

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
It happens.

DH stuff tends to suit Jabba's or big hitters, so generally look for tyres suited to
this disipline, or google the size mtb tyres and see what comes up and looks suited
to your needs, it will throw up a more encyclopedic array of options choices than
any forum member can come up with.

Sprocket, are you running single speed ?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
It happens.

DH stuff tends to suit Jabba's or big hitters, so generally look for tyres suited to
this disipline, or google the size mtb tyres and see what comes up and looks suited
to your needs, it will throw up a more encyclopedic array of options choices than
any forum member can come up with.

Sprocket, are you running single speed ?

thanks for the reply

ok so any 24" tyre will do?

any recommendations on the larger more aggressive options ...I have a maxxis high roller now but she run bare

its the standard sprocket set up...iv only ever replaced the rollers and my teeth look like a ninja star

LOL

I just ride for fun and MMA cardio

used to ride motox as a kid

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
Honestly I'd be surprised if you could find any decent DH tyre options for a 24" wheel nowadays. Even going back a decade, the 24" rear wheel was a dying trend with limited options.

As for a sprocket, and your description of it looking like a ninja star, I'd assume you're on about a chainring.. in which case any that will fit will do, just replace like for like.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
jimferno wrote:
Honestly I'd be surprised if you could find any decent DH tyre options for a 24" wheel nowadays. Even going back a decade, the 24" rear wheel was a dying trend with limited options.

As for a sprocket, and your description of it looking like a ninja star, I'd assume you're on about a chainring.. in which case any that will fit will do, just replace like for like.

any advice on gearing up a bit shes really set too low IMO

Could use some more on the top

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008864
Mobile Version of Website