Live Navigation Support?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Live Navigation Support?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:31 Quote
I’ve started to use Trailforks for planning routes and really appreciate this feature. When out riding I would really like to use Trailforks in the same matter as I use Google maps when navigating by car. So far I’ve manage to load my planned route in my phone, which highlights my planned route amongst other trails. Together with my positioning I can manage to “keep to the yellow line”. Is this the way it’s supposed to be used when biking?

Edit: I’ve seen the tutorial concerning showing my route but it doesn’t address getting Trailforks in “navigation mode”?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
We currently don't do navigation. It's something I worked on a bit, and is partially in the app as a hidden feature, but I never got working to my satisfaction and we've just had different priorities since then. We also have a partnership with Garmin, which does decent route navigation. Can sync Trailforks routes to the Garmin using our Garmin Connect IQ app. You can also download GPX file for routes on Trailforks and load into other apps that focus on turn-by-turn navigation.

It's something we might eventually get too, we are slowly re-writing our app map code from Google to Mapbox, which could make it easier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008377
Mobile Version of Website