Shimano Brake adaptors on Magura Mt7 brakes?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Shimano Brake adaptors on Magura Mt7 brakes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
Hi,

I am buying Magura MT7 brakes to replace Shimano XTs. I want to know if i can use my Shimano adaptors with the new Magura brakes.

Any insight?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
Hi,

I am buying Magura MT7 brakes to replace Shimano XTs. I want to know if i can use my Shimano adaptors with the new Magura brakes.

Any insight?

Yep, same adapter. You should be good to go.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
My mt7 caliper fouls on the shimano adaptor as the magura caliper is quite bulky, I had to add a thin washer between the caliper and adaptor to make it work, the magura adaptor has a small cutaway that aligns with the caliper's side that protrudes.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
zachinblack wrote:

Any insight?

Correct in the sense they do the same thing - i.e. move the caliper into the same location - but ...

adespotoskyli wrote:
My mt7 caliper fouls on the shimano adaptor as the magura caliper is quite bulky, I had to add a thin washer between the caliper and adaptor to make it work, the magura adaptor has a small cutaway that aligns with the caliper's side that protrudes.

... this is the correct answer.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
zachinblack wrote:

Any insight?

Correct in the sense they do the same thing - i.e. move the caliper into the same location - but ...

adespotoskyli wrote:

... this is the correct answer.

Interesting, I run MT7s and never had this issue. I will have to take a closer look cause I can’t even picture what your are referring to.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Interesting, I run MT7s and never had this issue. I will have to take a closer look cause I can’t even picture what your are referring to.

May depend on the specific adapter. I've had difficulties with ... hmm ... I think it's 180 mm post to 203 mm rotor.

Here's a different set of components, but notice how close the caliper can come to the adapter - possibly even interfering:

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

May depend on the specific adapter. I've had difficulties with ... hmm ... I think it's 180 mm post to 203 mm rotor.

Here's a different set of components, but notice how close the caliper can come to the adapter - possibly even interfering:

Ah ok that makes sense. I think my current fork is a 160 pm so probably why I haven’t seen this issue but I do have a new fork with 180pm on the way so good info. Thanks

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
I'm using a shimano pm203 adaptor on a 180pm pike and needed the washers. Actually a +23mm adaptor. Anyway ypu can check for clearance and get an appropriate adaptor. In general best brakes I've ever tried except the flexy levers that can be replaced. Perform the same no matter how much you drag it, no matter the gradient

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013236
Mobile Version of Website