Sram AXS Chain Length

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sram AXS Chain Length
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Hey Gang,
I have a 2020 Rocky Instinct BC, and I built it with AXS. For some reason, when I sized the chain according to their directions, the chain rests on the chainstay. After a few rides there are already wear marks on the chainstay protector. I wasn’t satisfied with that so I took one more link out. Wondering if that was too much because while on the 50 tooth, the mech looks pretty stretched. What do you guys think?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Mikepfeifer1 wrote:
Hey Gang,
I have a 2020 Rocky Instinct BC, and I built it with AXS. For some reason, when I sized the chain according to their directions, the chain rests on the chainstay. After a few rides there are already wear marks on the chainstay protector. I wasn’t satisfied with that so I took one more link out. Wondering if that was too much because while on the 50 tooth, the mech looks pretty stretched. What do you guys think?

There’s so much slack in the chain that it’s just laying on the chain stay? I would definitely go back and reread the instructions on sizing a chain. Make sure you are reading instructions for a FS bike. What size chainring are you running?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008015
Mobile Version of Website