Which bike is the most playfull?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Which bike is the most playfull?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Hey

Currently riding a slack, long and low hardtail and a XL 29er downhill bike. I miss some playfullness and pop from a supportive plattform! Just dreaming, but it's interesting to see what you guys answer.
26"-27,5"-29", 130-160mm travel. Doesn't matter really..

What fullsus trail/enduro bike would you say is the most playfull?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
For sure Norco sight XL 29, really capable rear suspension, very supportive and playful, they also have a great sale going on right now.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
I like playful bikes, and have ridden many bikes over the years. To date, my favorite all 'round is Whyte's T-130. It's a 130/140mm trail/all mountain bike that has proven to be quite capable, and is a playful as they get. It's at home on flow, jumping, down hill chatter, and really good on technical rocks and roots kinda stuff going up and down. I'd place the T-130 high on the playful list. Great quality and design. Solid and confident handling.

BTW, it's a consumer direct bike in the U.S. Not sure about Norway. The only downside for the Whyte, at least in the U.S., is they sell out VERY fast.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
I would say :

27.5 max
130mm travel max
Around 67 head angle
You could also downsize to a large bike, for shorter reach and wheelbase

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Evil calling and Ibis Mojo 3 are the two most playful I've had (I've had a lot). Once dialed, the calling was just a blast to ride.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
All round is kind of not what im looking for, but we just got a Whyte importer here in Norway. Would love to test the T-130 actually.

The Mojo is possible to find used aswell, i think they look really good and would be a cool bike to own.
Asked the guys selling Evil if they have a Calling demobike. That seems like the only bike thats actually markedet as playful.. So it should be.

The last years i have owned a Mondraker Dune, MDE Damper, Transition Patrol, Giant Glory, Scott Gambler, Ibis Ripmo, BTR Ranger and a Starling Sturn.

The gambler and Ripmo was the most playful without question.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
From peoples videos I would say the santa cruz 5010.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
I would say my Mojo 3 is pretty damn playful,especially after I changed away from the stock 2.6 tires

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
So "playful" was exactly what I was looking for when I bought my most recent bike.
I looked hard at the Calling but ended up buying a BMC Speedfox. I really love everything about it - so much so that when the frame was just damaged in an accident and I had the opportunity to try something different I just bought the exact same frame. Playful is the one word I use to describe it. There are times when I think hmmmm...maybe a little more travel or a little slacker geometry would have made that section of trail easier or I coudl have gone a little bigger - but the other 99% of the time I am just smiling as I rail a stiff, light, playful bike around the roots and rocks.

You can get some great deals if you shop around on line and on ebay (the 2018s have better component sets).

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
My 2019 5010 is the most playful bike I've ever ridden.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008631
Mobile Version of Website