Upgrade: Fox Float DPX2

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Upgrade: Fox Float DPX2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
Upgrading my stock RockShox Deluxe R on my 2019 Giant Trance 3 to the Fox Float DPX2. Anyone have any experience with the DPX2? Like/dislike. Any other suggestions for a higher end rear shock?

Thanks!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
It was an overall improvenment over the DPS I had on my Hightower LT. Very glad I did it.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
Consider the DVO topaz too. Cheaper, user serviceable, highly tunable and simply really nice to ride.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
Big difference on my YT Jeffsy!!! I also found mine new on Pinkbike for $340

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
I bought mine as brand new take off a bike, off here for less than half of new price. Patience is key.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
Replaced my Float X with a DPX2 this past summer.

Found the DPX2 much easier to find a setup that works well for pretty much anything.
Happy with this purchase.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
FrekeyMTB wrote:
Thanks guys!

A Fox DPX2 will be an instant improvement over your RockShox Deluxe. We swap shocks all the time for videos & reviews and unfortunately the current Deluxe/Super Deluxe shocks have been my least favorite.

The DPX2 is going to be more plush, more consistent and overall just better performing.

If you don't feel like waiting for a used shock to pop up, you can order one from my shop @ https://thelostco.com/products/2020-fox-float-dpx2?_pos=1&_sid=70decfb88&_ss=r

You can also give us a call at the shop with any further questions regarding suspension setup, compatibility, pricing, servicing, etc.

(360) 306-8827 // info@thelostco,com

Cheers!! Beer

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
FrekeyMTB wrote:
Upgrading my stock RockShox Deluxe R on my 2019 Giant Trance 3 to the Fox Float DPX2. Anyone have any experience with the DPX2? Like/dislike. Any other suggestions for a higher end rear shock?

Thanks!!

What size is the shock in it? I have a 7.25"x1.75" DPX2 that I'll be putting up on buy/sell soon for a cheap price. It's in great shape but I broke the frame that it was in so just trying to recoup some cash for the new frame I just got.

I like how it performed. It was in a 2015 GT Sensor and it was super smooth compared to the CTD that it replaced. Having 10 clicks of low speed damping adjustment on the open setting was pretty useful.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Dkutassy wrote:
FrekeyMTB wrote:

Thanks!!

What size is the shock in it? I have a 7.25"x1.75" DPX2 that I'll be putting up on buy/sell soon for a cheap price. It's in great shape but I broke the frame that it was in so just trying to recoup some cash for the new frame I just got.

I like how it performed. It was in a 2015 GT Sensor and it was super smooth compared to the CTD that it replaced. Having 10 clicks of low speed damping adjustment on the open setting was pretty useful.

The Trance uses a 185x52.5 Trunnion mount shock, so unfortunately it will not fit

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Dkutassy wrote:
FrekeyMTB wrote:

Thanks!!

The Trance uses a 185x52.5 Trunnion mount shock, so unfortunately it will not fit

Kind of figured that but I couldn't find the spec in a quick search.

The DPX2 did perform great but personally I would have liked a bit more high speed damping. That info is totally useless for you since it will be in a totally different bike with a very different suspension design but it does suck there was no way to adjust it. I tried more volume spacers but didn't care for the harsh ramp up toward the end of its travel and had to find a good middle ground.

My next frame will be here tomorrow with a DVO Topaz shock that I can dial in to my liking. I think if you have the skill set to work on your own stuff and patience to try different setups it's worth having something with more adjustability. But for a bolt in upgrade without any fuss the DPX2 was great.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
Dkutassy wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
Dkutassy wrote:

Kind of figured that but I couldn't find the spec in a quick search.

The DPX2 did perform great but personally I would have liked a bit more high speed damping. That info is totally useless for you since it will be in a totally different bike with a very different suspension design but it does suck there was no way to adjust it. I tried more volume spacers but didn't care for the harsh ramp up toward the end of its travel and had to find a good middle ground.

My next frame will be here tomorrow with a DVO Topaz shock that I can dial in to my liking. I think if you have the skill set to work on your own stuff and patience to try different setups it's worth having something with more adjustability. But for a bolt in upgrade without any fuss the DPX2 was great.

I've personally been looking at getting a MRP coil for my Trance, although their new air shock might be nice too, just will have to wait and see what it's like when released

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018502
Mobile Version of Website