Unfortunate situation with new bike.... Looking for some assistance from Trek.

PB Forum :: Trek
Unfortunate situation with new bike.... Looking for some assistance from Trek.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Hi Trek, I purchased a 2019 Remedy 8 in June of 2019. I have had quite a few issues with the bike and the shop. I feel like they have been dishonest and have gouged me for money. Needless to say I do not trust them at this time and would like Trek customer service to assist. I did contact the customer service number yesterday and they guy I spoke with was super nice. He offered to call and speak with the shop as well as hook me up with gear to help smooth everything out. I let him know I am not looking for gear, I just want to return my bike to the shop and be done with it. The customer service rep did contact the shop but did not inquire about the return. He said the shop seemed to be understanding and wanted me to bring the bike in for them to take a look. This does contradict what the shop told me earlier in the morning when they stated the only way to fix the problem would be to upgrade the par in question which I would have to pay for + labor (which would be about $250). They have already seen the bike about 6 times for the same issue and only have (at absolute MOST) 20 hours on the bike. I believe this is further proof of the shop being dishonest and ultimately trying to get more money out of me.

I won't get into all of the details here but would appreciate someone that I can contact to who will be able to help.

Thank you for your time.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
Hi Trek, I purchased a 2019 Remedy 8 in June of 2019. I have had quite a few issues with the bike and the shop. I feel like they have been dishonest and have gouged me for money. Needless to say I do not trust them at this time and would like Trek customer service to assist. I did contact the customer service number yesterday and they guy I spoke with was super nice. He offered to call and speak with the shop as well as hook me up with gear to help smooth everything out. I let him know I am not looking for gear, I just want to return my bike to the shop and be done with it. The customer service rep did contact the shop but did not inquire about the return. He said the shop seemed to be understanding and wanted me to bring the bike in for them to take a look. This does contradict what the shop told me earlier in the morning when they stated the only way to fix the problem would be to upgrade the par in question which I would have to pay for + labor (which would be about $250). They have already seen the bike about 6 times for the same issue and only have (at absolute MOST) 20 hours on the bike. I believe this is further proof of the shop being dishonest and ultimately trying to get more money out of me.

I won't get into all of the details here but would appreciate someone that I can contact to who will be able to help.

Thank you for your time.

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you've been unsatisfied with your bike and your local dealer. I believe our customer service team is in email contact with you and is working with your shop so I would suggest keeping that line of communication open!

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 17:20 Quote
trek wrote:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you've been unsatisfied with your bike and your local dealer. I believe our customer service team is in email contact with you and is working with your shop so I would suggest keeping that line of communication open!

Yes, I am still working with them and just emailed an update. I am going to update here as soon as everything is resolved.

Thank you for responding here and following up.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
Just wanted to update.

Trek customer service is the real deal. Took some persistence on their and my part but they stuck with me through it and I appreciate that. Even though I have had a less than great experience with the bike and shop, I would consider the slate wiped cleaned and no hard feelings moving forward.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009727
Mobile Version of Website