Laguna Beach?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Laguna Beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 23:29 Quote
I’m headed to Laguna Beach next week for a work thing. Wondering if it’s worth me bringing my bike?

I’d probably have time for 2 rides - it would be a royal PITA to bring it but if the riding is good....you only live once.

I’ve checked out TrailForks and I see some nearby riding (to the Ritz) but thought that I’d check in here. Daylight also a factor as my riding time would be more evenings and I have no plans to night ride in an area I don’t know

Riding any good? Thanks!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
ddean wrote:
I’m headed to Laguna Beach next week for a work thing. Wondering if it’s worth me bringing my bike?

I’d probably have time for 2 rides - it would be a royal PITA to bring it but if the riding is good....you only live once.

I’ve checked out TrailForks and I see some nearby riding (to the Ritz) but thought that I’d check in here. Daylight also a factor as my riding time would be more evenings and I have no plans to night ride in an area I don’t know

Riding any good? Thanks!

For Southern California Laguna Beach has great riding. Stayaway from the coast, check out Laguna Woods, Rockit, Car Wreck, stairsteps, etc. Good amount of tech and flow. If you staying in LB proper, just ride up Canyon Acres (its step and the climb sucks) and it will take you right to the top. Explore the otherside of the mountain then take Stairsteps (or any of the unnamed trails on Trailforks) and go back your hotel. Bring your bike, you'll have fun.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
Thanks for that reply rockIt!

Unfortunately bringing a bike now looks unlikely. I have both a rental car size and hotel problem (bike not allowed in the hotel room). I’ll only have time for a single 2hr ride anyways so a ride would be a challenge - especially in a zone that I don’t know.

Thanks again for the info. I pulled up some videos and it looks like fun terrain.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007626
Mobile Version of Website