Pike rebound knob issues.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Pike rebound knob issues.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 1:42 Quote
I did the first 50hr lower service on my 16' Pike Rt3 and my rebound adjuster isn't working now. I tighten it down and it doesn't turn.

Any ideas?

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
What do you mean by tighten it down?

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
Davec85 wrote:

The hex in the cap spins freely when inserted, not catching. Tightening the Allen nut on the side just binds the knob. I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
john75 wrote:
Davec85 wrote:

The hex in the cap spins freely when inserted, not catching. Tightening the Allen nut on the side just binds the knob. I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

You did get the right bolt in the right side, I've seen it before where the hollow rebound bolt was fitted to the air side and vice versa,

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Yes, rebound is on the left. There's an adjustment sticker on the leg which makes it easy.

I stuck a longer Allen key I'm there and it didn't engage with anything. Weird.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
Pull the lowers and see if you can get the rebound needle to spin from there. It won't be indexed as it's the knob and associated ball detention that do that.

I'm pretty sure the damper is on the rhs , as you sit on the bike.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
JohnyBoy wrote:
Pull the lowers and see if you can get the rebound needle to spin from there. It won't be indexed as it's the knob and associated ball detention that do that.

I'm pretty sure the damper is on the rhs , as you sit on the bike.

Correct, air spring on left and damper on right as you sit on the bike.

The bolt on the damper leg has a recess where the grub screw on the knob locates. When you tighten the screw the knob should freely rotate. If it doesn't then the grub screw isn't locating in the recess and is probably contacting the face of the bolt, hence preventing the knob from turning. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain but it should make sense if you look at the bolt. You will only feel the clicks if you install the cap correctly.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
I let the air out, unscrewed everything, but it back together and it works now. No idea.

Thanks guys.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007349
Mobile Version of Website