Fox 36 grip 2 issues

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 grip 2 issues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
I have a new ripmo with the fox 36 grip 2 and it is harsh as f*ck. I can’t get it to ride well. Seems to only work when going really slow or really fast. Everything in between is horribly harsh. I’m 190lbs and running at 80psi with the recommended settings in hi/lo compression and rebound. Any advice?

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 0:33 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
I have a new ripmo with the fox 36 grip 2 and it is harsh as f*ck. I can’t get it to ride well. Seems to only work when going really slow or really fast. Everything in between is horribly harsh. I’m 190lbs and running at 80psi with the recommended settings in hi/lo compression and rebound. Any advice?

Try this for set up

https://shocksetup.yeticycles.com/#/bikes/20SB150

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:

I just took my new Ripmo with the grip2 out for the first ride and that fork is like a magic carpet ride. So smooth, so much small bump sensitivity. Crazy good fork.

Look up some YouTube videos on the tuning, start at wide open high and low speed compression and then make adjustments to fit, couple clicks at a time. Fork should not be harsh, if it is still harsh with the compression full open you might need to just call fox.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
I would start with removing the volume reducers. This made a huge difference for me and took about 10 min.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:

Check out my setup video on YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vsOHmmmpo

I get daily feedback on how this helped their Fox 36 feel insanely better. Fox's out-of-the-box settings don't seem to work very well for most riders (myself included).

-Mike

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008009
Mobile Version of Website