Bike w/ lowest Seat Tube height / Standover - and what drives that design?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bike w/ lowest Seat Tube height / Standover - and what drives that design?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
Hi,

I've got the short legs, long torso (bonus - short arms) situation. I am 5' 10" - 5' 11" on a good day but inseam like a 30". Sizing in bikes seems a bit complicated especially when I bridge M and L often. This then subsequently affects my ability to stand sitting on my seat all the way down vs when the dropper post is extended and is too high (dropper posts with no extension limit feature).

I didn't think about this when I bought my bike. As I am looking at different bikes now to see if there is a bike that would be better (combo of low standover / seat tube height and reach), I can't make out easily which bikes unless I dig into the #'s. I find most frames look about the same with the same shape, slopes, etc. But when I look at the #'s for example, a Rocky Mountain Altitude has 814mm standover no matter what size you pick. But a bike that looks very similar - the Yeti SB140 w/ similar fork 160mm - has a standover of 710 for a M but does have slight changes on the other sizes. - meaning unlike Rocky, the standover does not change.

So what dictates all this? And what bike do you recommend can fit my weirdo body proportions and make my dropper post fit (yes I know I can switch out a shorter dropper post, which costs money and also when it's slammed all the way
down I still have a problem).

Thanks in advance for all the wisdom!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008315
Mobile Version of Website