Strongest 27,5 Rims

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Strongest 27,5 Rims
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
So, I destroyed my Stans Notubes Flow MK3 rear wheel and now I am looking for something to replace it. I am currently thinking about the DtSwiss FR 560 and the Stans Notubes EX3, but have also seen the Spank Spike 33, but heard that the side walls are not very dent resistant.

The main factors for me are price and dent resistance, since I only weigh about 75kg dressed up, but frequently ride trails with lots of nasty rocks. The trails basically looks like the ENVE test track, if anyone saw that video of pinkbike interviewing ENVE. (Skip to 8:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWn12fqUNhU&t=633s
When getting a new rim, I will definitely use Procore or some kind of insert, since breaking more rims even though i already got 3 bars (45 psi) in my tyres kinda sucks.

Do you have further suggestions that arent arent super pricey and have a strong sidewall, as well as oppinions on the 3 rims i found so far? I dont really care about the weight.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
If you can live with 25mm internal width then look no further than DT Swiss EX471's. I have a set on my Capra and do a lot of riding in the Peak District (really rocky) and haven't suffered any damage other than a few scrapes and scratches.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Dt Swiss whatever flavor

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
PaulBoettig wrote:
So, I destroyed my Stans Notubes Flow MK3 rear wheel and now I am looking for something to replace it. I am currently thinking about the DtSwiss FR 560 and the Stans Notubes EX3, but have also seen the Spank Spike 33, but heard that the side walls are not very dent resistant.

The main factors for me are price and dent resistance, since I only weigh about 75kg dressed up, but frequently ride trails with lots of nasty rocks. The trails basically looks like the ENVE test track, if anyone saw that video of pinkbike interviewing ENVE. (Skip to 8:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWn12fqUNhU&t=633s
When getting a new rim, I will definitely use Procore or some kind of insert, since breaking more rims even though i already got 3 bars (45 psi) in my tyres kinda sucks.

Do you have further suggestions that arent arent super pricey and have a strong sidewall, as well as oppinions on the 3 rims i found so far? I dont really care about the weight.

From FR560 site:

"The FR 560 has made to withstand the nastiest of rock gardens, the roughest of roots and the sketchiest of landings. The prototype proved to be World Championship material and the final product is now available for you to shred as hard as you want. ....."

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
DT Swiss 511 = Enduro/DH/Smooth Rider

DT Swiss 481 = Aggressive Trail/Enduro/Larger Rider Weight

DT Swiss 471 = Aggressive Trail/Enduro/Lighter Rider Weight

Those are our go-to in the shop for wheel rebuilds!

-Mike

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008048
Mobile Version of Website