Gt force pro 19 vs nomad 4 vs devinci spartan 2018 7.5

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Gt force pro 19 vs nomad 4 vs devinci spartan 2018 7.5
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
Hey guys

wanted an opinion on these 3 carbon frames I am 6"1 ish, 72 kg.
I need a bike that can be pedaled without killing me (I come from a sanction 2017 L) and can bomb down in tight single tracks, dh runs and rocky steep natural trails. I do race enduro 2-3 times a year in central italy.

The linkage on the force is very much like a wallowing bobbing thing but it has less travel, lowish antisquat, not very progressive 13% (I dont use coil anyway), it is mounted with a dpx2

spartan and nomad are similar and can be very similar with an offset bushing. Both have superdeluxe

Size wise looks like they are similar as the reach on the force will be lower with a 170 fork, nomad is short.

Numbers are very similar geo wise, but very different behaviours, I wanted to get away from a linear wallowing feel that I need to tune with a shock or pump it up more. I also would like a pedal efficient bike like the nomad and spartan (but those have a lot of travel so not sure how to compare that with a 150mm force).

What do you guys think?

Question is really can you tune the shock to make it the way you want, by making it superprogressive it should become more efficient pedaling I suppose as it is similar to reducing travel depending on the shock.
Same for low speed compression, although that is not like having a lot of antisquat that does not lock the suspension.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
Have you looked into the Transition Patrol. It has 170 mm up front and 160 mm out back. Although the bike may look long on paper, it is one of the most playful long travel bike I have ridden. Not only is it playful, but it descends like a downhill bike. It feels really balanced while going down steep and rocky terrain, the bike never feels twitchy, even at the highest speeds. The climbing position is really good thanks to the steep seat angle.

Cheers,
Alex

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
Hey thanks but I think I made up my mind also I couldn't find a deal for the patrol carbon ...
Instead nukeproof is another candidate but no bottle

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010619
Mobile Version of Website