Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
Scott Ransom eRide 910

And 180 Front and rear! I think I want it! I wonder what it weighs?

I think 180/180 is the ideal travel number for E-bikes, able to smash the downhills while not needing a lift or shuttle to get back to the top of the trail. I'm also in love with the paint scheme on this particular model, to me it looks like they got inspiration from galvanized steel. It's nice to see a depart from the usual "here is a stripe that is a different colour from the rest of the frame". I think more brands need to start doing different designs like this

Agreed.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 3:05 Quote
Not sexy but I think makes for some interesting discussion, Nicolai have created this thing:

160F / 140R travel, dual batteries, Rohloff, mudguards and racks.

https://bikerumor.com/2020/09/21/hnf-nicolai-xf3-adventure-emtb-an-suv-like-monster-full-suspension-commuter-e-bike/

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Not sexy but I think makes for some interesting discussion, Nicolai have created this thing:

160F / 140R travel, dual batteries, Rohloff, mudguards and racks.

https://bikerumor.com/2020/09/21/hnf-nicolai-xf3-adventure-emtb-an-suv-like-monster-full-suspension-commuter-e-bike/

That is ridiculous, you actually might aswell buy an mx bike for what that thing probably costs, A motorbike with a weedy single crown fork that weighs 50kg, costs upwards of £10'000 and is legally restricted to 15mph, good luck pedalling that thing beyond 15mph once the motor cuts out. Total waste of money and space and 140mm rear too lol

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
Please Sign and Help Us!

Petition: http://chng.it/Dm2Kp4QQ

http://chng.it/Dm2Kp4QQ

The HATE continues to pour in, I have been told to keep my motorcycle off the trails LOL.

The ignorance and misinformation around ebikes is astounding. The true purpose of this petition is to spread information.

Carter Road is County run, and they are just late to the game, but I’m optimistic that we will be able to enjoy the trails there like everyone else, and I commend Steve Spong and the Ridge Riders for their hard work and vision they have put in there. Again, this is not so much about Carter as it is about awareness and information. I encourage people to remember what MTB is all about, and that’s a bunch of cool, down to earth, open minded, laid back, beer drinking, guys and gals who just want to have a good time. I don’t understand the viewpoint of so many not wanted me to ride an ebike because THEY don’t want to ride an ebike. It’s a childish 3rd grade mentality. For those that think it will do harm to the trails, show us the evidence, the studies, the information, and stats. I’m not out there ‘racing’ or ‘tearing it up’ as some have put it, in fast I often get passed by the XC guys, I’m just out there having fun. I get it, there are bad apples, rule breakers, but that can be said about many regardless of what bike they are on.

One suggestion was that ebikers should make their own ebike specific trails, and my comment to that was that the ebike trails would look EXACTLY like any other MTB trail, and that is the point.

I will say what I have learned is that a lot of the issues are with Class 2 & 3 bikes, and people not understanding the difference. I concur that Class 2 & 3 should not be used on bike trails. What is the solution? I’d say that if you are caught on a Class 2 or 3 where they are not permitted, that you are fined, heavily. I don’t think anyone would risk a $500 fine to ride where they are not permitted. This can apply to Class 1 also, but I will fight for the Class 1 bikes to share the same trails I’ve always ridden for 20+ years, starting on an aluminum 26” hardtail to my full suspension 29” transition to my Trek Rail.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
zeeman wrote:

I wonder if it's anything like the principal behind the Levo SL. We have an irate customer right now who can't wrap her head around how the SL is designed for riders who can keep a 60+ rpm cadence up a hill.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
Which person cannot keep a cadence of 60 rpm? Big Grin

I am between 80-90 when I am on the ebike.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
seraph wrote:
zeeman wrote:

I wonder if it's anything like the principal behind the Levo SL. We have an irate customer right now who can't wrap her head around how the SL is designed for riders who can keep a 60+ rpm cadence up a hill.

just put her on a super 73. thats classic tho

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006501
Mobile Version of Website