Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
We are a Specialized and GT dealer.. We have sold probably 40-50 Levos at this point but we are super excited for the GT bikes because we are hoping they chop 1k or more off the MSRP of the Specialized bikes.

No way around the fact that lots of people are not throwing down 5k for the entry Levo Levo. But 3500 or so is much more possible for lots of people.. And the GTs actually look pretty good.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Hopefully when the prices start dropping and/or the second hand market develops, we'll start seeing a few more custom builds too. Aside from pedal/grip/saddle changes I don't think I've seen any non-stock builds in the wild and barely any online either.

One of my favourite things with bikes is seeing everyone's personal version of "ideal" and all manner of wacky things that might be done to them.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Hopefully when the prices start dropping and/or the second hand market develops, we'll start seeing a few more custom builds too. Aside from pedal/grip/saddle changes I don't think I've seen any non-stock builds in the wild and barely any online either.

One of my favourite things with bikes is seeing everyone's personal version of "ideal" and all manner of wacky things that might be done to them.

Start looking up the Levo and Kenevo builds.. I have seen a handful of full custom builds that blew me away.. 10k+ builds for sure.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I really dig how they're getting more and more bike looking all the time. YT definitely has a very "bike" looking ebike.

Rode this thing today. So much fun. Next n+1 will be an ebike. Hopefully yt will go to the new Shimano motor and bigger battery.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
My dad is going to getting an ebike soon. I've been told to go to the local bike shop find out how much one is. Going for a Giant Trance e+3. So by the end of the year it will probably be mine lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
2020 Giant Trance E 2 Pro

Got to ride the 2020 Trance E+ 2 Pro, love the colour in the sunlight (it's a blue to purple chameleon paint, I just got the right angle and lighting to see all purple)

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
this ones pretty sweet would be nice to see more mountain bikes built with this system. removable battery and motor so you can ride as a normal weight mountain bike or put in the motor and battery and ride as a self shuttle for max laps.
33lbs without motor battery 41 lbs with motor and battery.

fazua motor

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 20:21 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
this ones pretty sweet would be nice to see more mountain bikes built with this system. removable battery and motor so you can ride as a normal weight mountain bike or put in the motor and battery and ride as a self shuttle for max laps.

fazua motor

That's super badass... I would absolutely love this style bike.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
huvudvind wrote:

fazua motor

That's super badass... I would absolutely love this style bike.

Me too..Cool

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
Anyone have any opinions on Shimano E8000 vs the new Bosch CX250? They seem pretty evenly matched in most reviews.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 0:12 Quote
Ah Shit! This thread has the ebike party.

This one's not street legal because it's far superior.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
zeeman wrote:

So much yes on this one. But it's been off their website. I guess fazua didn't turn out so well...

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
shoshy wrote:
zeeman wrote:

So much yes on this one. But it's been off their website. I guess fazua didn't turn out so well...

That Fazua system is really cool.. But only 250wh batteries. That wouldn't really be enough to make it up some of my rides I do on my regular bike.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
Second page and I am already breaking rules. Got my DH tires, cush core in the rear and 11-46 cass installed and took it for a shake down ride.

11-46 cass wasn't really needed, but I have 3 different bikes with the same size hubs, rotors and 11s 11-46 setups. Nice to be able to toss the carbon wheels with trail tires on, or my DH wheels with full cush core if needed.
Sold my soul to the ebike devil.. Not mad about it at all.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
I dig it, no complaints from me!

Does anyone know off hand which motor+crank combination offers the narrowest Q-factor on ebikes? I have a knee issue that means narrow Q-values results in more comfort for me over longer rides.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010450
Mobile Version of Website