Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
Author Message
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
Just be less smaller and be more bigger. 6'3 and 230lbs and my 55lb Levo doesn't feel too heavy. lol

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
fredro wrote:
Yup. Plus I don’t wanna push around a 50lb bike either. I’ll gladly take the smaller battery, smaller motor, for a stealthy, lightweight ebike that feels more like a regular MTB.
Who pushes around a eMTB ?LOL

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 15:04 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Just be less smaller and be more bigger. 6'3 and 230lbs and my 55lb Levo doesn't feel too heavy. lol
5'11 and 210lbs and my 55lb Trance doesn't feel to bad. I think it's working in the building industry that helps with the weight of ebikes

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
og-squid-mtb wrote:
fredro wrote:
Yup. Plus I don’t wanna push around a 50lb bike either. I’ll gladly take the smaller battery, smaller motor, for a stealthy, lightweight ebike that feels more like a regular MTB.
Who pushes around a eMTB ?LOL
Depends on how deep the mud hole is...

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 18:21 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Just be less smaller and be more bigger. 6'3 and 230lbs and my 55lb Levo doesn't feel too heavy. lol
5'11 and 210lbs and my 55lb Trance doesn't feel to bad. I think it's working in the building industry that helps with the weight of ebikes

The light weight ebikes are cool, but I dig my full power bike. I got used to the weight, (50lbs in DH trim) really pretty quickly. I also think the weight helps the bike feel way more planted and stable. The ebike is way more plush than my regular bike too, it’s crazy. I took out my regular bike the other day and not only did I feel like I was getting beat up, it felt like the brakes were on, on the first climb! And full power will smoke the half power lightweights on the climbs. It doesn’t matter if your solo, but if you’re with a group of full power ebikes, you’ll get left on the climbs. And if I want less power and more of a workout, I can just turn it down. I just came back from the bike park today on the ebike and it was better than my full DH bike.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
That looks nice and clean.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 5:14 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
That looks nice and clean.

That’s what stopped me scrollin’ online

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 5:32 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Just be less smaller and be more bigger. 6'3 and 230lbs and my 55lb Levo doesn't feel too heavy. lol
5'11 and 210lbs and my 55lb Trance doesn't feel to bad. I think it's working in the building industry that helps with the weight of ebikes

The light weight ebikes are cool, but I dig my full power bike. I got used to the weight, (50lbs in DH trim) really pretty quickly. I also think the weight helps the bike feel way more planted and stable. The ebike is way more plush than my regular bike too, it’s crazy. I took out my regular bike the other day and not only did I feel like I was getting beat up, it felt like the brakes were on, on the first climb! And full power will smoke the half power lightweights on the climbs. It doesn’t matter if your solo, but if you’re with a group of full power ebikes, you’ll get left on the climbs. And if I want less power and more of a workout, I can just turn it down. I just came back from the bike park today on the ebike and it was better than my full DH bike.

eN+1 for life lol

I’d love to have an array of Eeeebs

If I was smaller, I’d not be keen on a big Ebike, I’ve hike’e’biked and carried my fat ass Trek Rail for 6km, literally no fun to be had , smaller dudes, no bueno , had to lift it above head 30 or so times , that’s 1500lbs+
Yes I know I ought to have chosen a better route!!!
No preach, just saying

Edit: not wholly relevant but a big bike has its limitations- not necessarily at the trail head

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:02 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

5'11 and 210lbs and my 55lb Trance doesn't feel to bad. I think it's working in the building industry that helps with the weight of ebikes

The light weight ebikes are cool, but I dig my full power bike. I got used to the weight, (50lbs in DH trim) really pretty quickly. I also think the weight helps the bike feel way more planted and stable. The ebike is way more plush than my regular bike too, it’s crazy. I took out my regular bike the other day and not only did I feel like I was getting beat up, it felt like the brakes were on, on the first climb! And full power will smoke the half power lightweights on the climbs. It doesn’t matter if your solo, but if you’re with a group of full power ebikes, you’ll get left on the climbs. And if I want less power and more of a workout, I can just turn it down. I just came back from the bike park today on the ebike and it was better than my full DH bike.

eN+1 for life lol

I’d love to have an array of Eeeebs

If I was smaller, I’d not be keen on a big Ebike, I’ve hike’e’biked and carried my fat ass Trek Rail for 6km, literally no fun to be had , smaller dudes, no bueno , had to lift it above head 30 or so times , that’s 1500lbs+
Yes I know I ought to have chosen a better route!!!
No preach, just saying

Edit: not wholly relevant but a big bike has its limitations- not necessarily at the trail head

Agreed. Beer

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
Now that you guys ebike, how many of you still ride bikes? Do you reach for the electric bike every time?

My bike to ebike radio is probably 4:1. I like the cadence of just riding, but sometimes smashing out a bunch of laps is cool

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
Lately I’ve been riding my SC MT2 way more and have fallen back in love with analog bikes. I need to feel the leg burn to remind myself of pushing those pedals. My ebike can make me lazy at times. It’s all about balance.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Mine is still new to me, so I’m probably 90% ebike at this point. But I plan to mix in my Amish bike more, just to maintain my leg strength. Maybe like once a week. It’s hard though, since the ebike is just so much fun and you can get way more DH laps in.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008540
Mobile Version of Website