Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Circe wrote:
Now that you guys ebike, how many of you still ride bikes? Do you reach for the electric bike every time?

My bike to ebike radio is probably 4:1. I like the cadence of just riding, but sometimes smashing out a bunch of laps is cool

Cadence, you know it

I have five bikes - only ride three at this moment in time, hardtail fun, woods bike with XC thrown in by both the analogues.. and the eeeb

70/30 in favour of Ebike, but I’m 52 & I can’t physically do what I used to, still hitting 150k a week , but it’s dropped from 200 & incrementally dropped to this current figure - having time to ride is why it’s dropped - literally a full battery’s worth ha

Started out as 50/50 because I was concerned that ‘fat boy lazy chimp lad’ would appear.. not yet lol

What I have found is my love and passion for analogue mtb is undiminished , I’d even say that I get more enjoyment from the different disciplines the analogue bikes offer. Recent rides on my hardtail just looking for fun poppy sections has left me reinvigorated. Also, after changing direction on the behemoth through twisty trails, my 30lb hardtail now feels like a lithe & sharp tool. Unsurprisingly surprising, but upper body strength has been upped through ebike riding. No question (for me at least).

The ebike does not take care of my fitness, but referring back to cadence, I’ve found it’s beneficial across the board, I pedal more efficiently than ever in analogue mode & my breathing is better(?)

I’ll add more later

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
This^^

I felt my legs getting sluggish riding the ebike exclusively. Now that my last couple of rides have been on the analog bike, I feel much stronger again.

I need both to feel balanced.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
The smart people here won’t fall into the lazy trap , just can’t see it happening

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Some of my buddies have completely abandoned their analog bikes and basically ride the e machines. Not me.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
I’ll add, that I’m pretty much the perfect ‘ecandidate’, at the time of my purchase I surely was, I’ll admit to my fitness being questionable due to the epidemic, my passion for riding bikes left the f*cking room , albeit temporarily

Old age, whatever lol, but 52 & the ‘buzz’ around ebikes and I came back thrice as hard

Go figure

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
fredro wrote:
Some of my buddies have completely abandoned their analog bikes and basically ride the e machines. Not me.

I understand them , but I can’t let go yet! That’s not me clutching at my youth either

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
fredro wrote:
This^^

I felt my legs getting sluggish riding the ebike exclusively. Now that my last couple of rides have been on the analog bike, I feel much stronger again.

I need both to feel balanced.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
fredro wrote:

I understand them , but I can’t let go yet! That’s not me clutching at my youth either

Ok, so that is me. I do want to get my big bike out and do some uplifts and get to the Alps and smash chairlift laps, but chances are if I'm going out I have to tow the young-un, so ebike makes sense. I do want to update my analogue HT to get me out on that a bit more.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
fredro wrote:

Ok, so that is me. I do want to get my big bike out and do some uplifts and get to the Alps and smash chairlift laps, but chances are if I'm going out I have to tow the young-un, so ebike makes sense. I do want to update my analogue HT to get me out on that a bit more.

I knew you’d chime in, I saw & read your posts etc.
Needs must.

Smart move tup

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
A riding buddy offered to buy my Orbea Rise at a decent price. I really like the bike, but with the new Pivot Shuttle SL, Trek EXE, and the Transition Relay, I must admit that i'm highly intrigued...

Pivot being tops on my list (aesthetics), and DW Link is phenomenal.
Transition Relay is nice with the removable battery, but the travel is too close to my SC MT2.
Trek EXE is light, super quiet, and has removable battery as well. But loses some power (50nm), and smaller battery..

Repost for visual assistance. Please discuss...

Trek Fuel EX-e 9.9 XX1 AXS Photo Dave Smith

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
I would do the Pivot purely based on aesthetics, I absolutely love it when the top tube lines up with the seatstays. You buy meow!!! And Weagle is an amazing dude and takes good care of me!!

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 10:40 Quote
If you can get a decent price for your Orbea it might be worth the wait for one of the new generation of lightweight emtb's.
Personally, I think the Pivot is a bit too expensive compared with what the Transition is expected to cost, and if it rides anything like the Sentinel I tested a couple of years ago will be an amazing bike on the climbs as well as the descents.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
On style only, Pivot for sure.
Curiously, while Transition style is perfect on their muscular bikes (kinda "echoing" the thinness of steel tubes and blending it with the smoothness of carbon, it doesn't work as well on their electric offering so far.
Maybe it's the big downtube, maybe the "hump" created by the seatstays and toptube that are not perfectly aligned. It's not much but it breaks the "pureness" of the frame.
Strangely, the Repeater seems to look better than the relay. Maybe the bigger motor of the Repeater, being black, creates a negative space that makes the frame look lighter than it is, and than the relay, or that little angle in front of the seat tube is helping the mis-aligned seatstay/toptube.
The Trek is probably really nice but its design does nothing to me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010048
Mobile Version of Website