Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
While not dramatically different than the old Wild, it looks surprisingly clean.

They really cleaned up the way the rear brake cable and shift cable would go from the front triangle into the back triangle.

Not pumped about the cables in the headset, looks like you’re basically stuck using Orbea’s OEM stem and it almost looks like you can’t add stem spacers. So that could be a negative.

I’m kind of happy they went with a fixed battery, I’ve heard the locking mechanism adds almost 1.5lbs of unneeded weight, and the frame will be stronger too.

My carbon frame on my bike already felt pretty light so it’s pretty crazy they’ve reduced the frame weight by 900grams.

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
seraph wrote:
While not dramatically different than the old Wild, it looks surprisingly clean.

They really cleaned up the way the rear brake cable and shift cable would go from the front triangle into the back triangle.

Not pumped about the cables in the headset, looks like you’re basically stuck using Orbea’s OEM stem and it almost looks like you can’t add stem spacers. So that could be a negative.

I’m kind of happy they went with a fixed battery, I’ve heard the locking mechanism adds almost 1.5lbs of unneeded weight, and the frame will be stronger too.

My carbon frame on my bike already felt pretty light so it’s pretty crazy they’ve reduced the frame weight by 900grams.

I doubt it's so proprietary that you can't use a different stem. Like Scott, it's probable that the spacers look cleanest with the stock stem, but you can remove the stem and spacers and just use regular ones if you want. It just won't look as clean.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
I think one of those isn't an ebike. Interesting looking at them one after the other. The ebike really is alot less attractive. Not bad for what it is, but the acoustic bike looks a zillion times better

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I think one of those isn't an ebike. Interesting looking at them one after the other. The ebike really is alot less attractive. Not bad for what it is, but the acoustic bike looks a zillion times better

Hahaha

So engrossed, completely overlooked that!

I knew I’d seen it before(!), even checked my ebike folder ..posted it in the enduro thread a while back. Dumbass

It’s most definitely Friday

Aaaand your right, no comparison at all. Be good to see all the analogue bikes and their digital (those manufacturers that possess both obviously) counterparts together

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
Those rim decals look ace.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:20 Quote

New Orbea Rise looks super sweet. Headset cable routing though.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
Hard to beat the clean lines on the new Lumen from Scott.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 10:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
Look at the clown bar/stem combo.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
og-squid-mtb wrote:
seraph wrote:

That doesn't bother me. I think Scott does a good job of integrating their handlebar and stem. I would opt for the higher rise Hixon setup but still, pretty clean.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
og-squid-mtb wrote:
seraph wrote:

That doesn't bother me. I think Scott does a good job of integrating their handlebar and stem. I would opt for the higher rise Hixon setup but still, pretty clean.
Leaves you no option to change stem length or bar hight. For that reason I'm out .

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019067
Mobile Version of Website