2020 bikes

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2020 bikes
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Yup, been waiting whole year for the new geo Jeffsy AL release and ended up none. Might pick the Ripmo AF or Hightower for my next bike now...oh well...

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Just noticed something interesting under the claimed weights - looks like they are measuring the LARGE size this year rather than the smallest size in previous years

" * Weight measured without pedals 2014 - 2019 models in frame size S / Regular | 2020 models in frame size L / Long. Due to manufacturing tolerances of the individual components the bike weight may differ +/- 5%"

That explains the increases in weights I noticed across the range!

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
PetrolHead209 wrote:
Just noticed something interesting under the claimed weights - looks like they are measuring the LARGE size this year rather than the smallest size in previous years

" * Weight measured without pedals 2014 - 2019 models in frame size S / Regular | 2020 models in frame size L / Long. Due to manufacturing tolerances of the individual components the bike weight may differ +/- 5%"

That explains the increases in weights I noticed across the range!

Good catch! Although I'm curious to see real world weights. The 27.5 Capra base and comp are both the same weight at 15.2kg, and the 27.5 Capra pro and pro race are the same at 14.4kg

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
Ill be damned. YT just posted to their Instagram Story "Full Metal lovers stay tuned". AL Jeffsy may be coming after all!

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
Glad it's coming sooner than later. Gotta say I'm not as excited as before though. The new line is kind of dull.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
richulr wrote:
Glad it's coming sooner than later. Gotta say I'm not as excited as before though. The new line is kind of dull.

Were you expecting new geometry on a year old design? I think the new lineup looks great, colors are rad, less Frankenstein build kits. Not sure what there is to complain about.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 18:21 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
richulr wrote:

Were you expecting new geometry on a year old design? I think the new lineup looks great, colors are rad, less Frankenstein build kits. Not sure what there is to complain about.

I agree. I think you actually get better builds for cheaper. Especially the one right below the race. Y’all trippin

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
Colors are ok. Safe choices. Kind of dull.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
pinnit2winit918 wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
richulr wrote:

I agree. I think you actually get better builds for cheaper. Especially the one right below the race. Y’all trippin

Suspension was downgraded. On the Capra Comp you went from a 36 Performance Elite and Float X2 to a less adjustable and heavier 36 Rhythm and a DPX2.

For the price, I think the base Capra is fine, but I wish they kept the base and comp AL, and did carbon on the 2 race models like 2019. I regret not getting a 2019 Capra Comp before they sold out.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
derfernerf wrote:
pinnit2winit918 wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Suspension was downgraded. On the Capra Comp you went from a 36 Performance Elite and Float X2 to a less adjustable and heavier 36 Rhythm and a DPX2.

For the price, I think the base Capra is fine, but I wish they kept the base and comp AL, and did carbon on the 2 race models like 2019. I regret not getting a 2019 Capra Comp before they sold out.

I was talking about the jeffsy lineup. As far as I can tell you get better brakes newer suspension with Charger 2.1 and Maxxis tires for $400 cheaper than last year

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
pinnit2winit918 wrote:
derfernerf wrote:
pinnit2winit918 wrote:

I was talking about the jeffsy lineup. As far as I can tell you get better brakes newer suspension with Charger 2.1 and Maxxis tires for $400 cheaper than last year

Ah yes, I like the direction they went with the Jeffsy. Espically with the increased travel, the switch from the 34 to the 36 is well deserved.

Curious to see if they drop an AL base Jeffsy.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
Ordered it the day they were released. Capra 29 base

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
Nice! My base blue came last Friday (ordered it morning of release as well).

I freaking love this bike.It's beautiful and makes more sense to me than the base Jeffsy for the same money. The drive train is fine, and I like that I didn't have to pay extra for NX. Can easily upgrade to SLX 12 when the SX stuff breaks.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
halljam wrote:
Nice! My base blue came last Friday (ordered it morning of release as well).

I freaking love this bike.It's beautiful and makes more sense to me than the base Jeffsy for the same money. The drive train is fine, and I like that I didn't have to pay extra for NX. Can easily upgrade to SLX 12 when the SX stuff breaks.
Yeah for the price just upgrade as needed. Still will be cheaper then most bikes out there...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005555
Mobile Version of Website