Kona Process 134 Thread

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 134 Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
Looks like a great build! Hope the weather dries out soon.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
It was dry when I got up before work so I got an hour and a half in on the 134. This is my first full sus 29er. As well as my longest reach bike. I'd have to describe the ride as comfortable and composed. Pedaling is brilliant. Efficient and supported. Descending is confident. I wouldn't call it plush. It is composed in the air and very stable in corners. It was very slippery out and even when sliding in corners on greasy mud at speed it was stable and kept its line.

My only gripe is that it was harder to get it to swing around tight stuff quickly, which was expected. There is a series of four tight switchbacks that I can usually swing through with a lot of speed but I found myself having to slow myself down to make the last two. Also, it is hard to get into a manual.

Someone once said on here that anyone who ever got a "modern fitting" bike, would never want to ride their other bikes. This bike is very comfortable, climbs great, is stable at speed and corners amazingly at speed but it feels more like you are on a ride than riding it. My other bikes manual easily, they are snappy and you can make them do whatever you want. This one rides best when you keep your weight centred between the wheels. Also fun but a different experience.

Great Bike and will be an amazing all day rider.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Build is almost done! Hopefully be riding it later this afternoon if not tomorrow.

Kona Process 134 Build photo DVO suspension enve wheels axs hope brakes one up edc dropper bar and chromag touch points

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 21:36 Quote
bgoodis wrote:
Build is almost done! Hopefully be riding it later this afternoon if not tomorrow.

Kona Process 134 Build photo DVO suspension enve wheels axs hope brakes one up edc dropper bar and chromag touch points

Holy shit, that thing is looking sick. Nicely done.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
rahrider wrote:
bgoodis wrote:

Holy shit, that thing is looking sick. Nicely done.

That’s a nice looking bike too!

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
rahrider wrote:
It was dry when I got up before work so I got an hour and a half in on the 134. This is my first full sus 29er. As well as my longest reach bike. I'd have to describe the ride as comfortable and composed. Pedaling is brilliant. Efficient and supported. Descending is confident. I wouldn't call it plush. It is composed in the air and very stable in corners. It was very slippery out and even when sliding in corners on greasy mud at speed it was stable and kept its line.

My only gripe is that it was harder to get it to swing around tight stuff quickly, which was expected. There is a series of four tight switchbacks that I can usually swing through with a lot of speed but I found myself having to slow myself down to make the last two. Also, it is hard to get into a manual.

Someone once said on here that anyone who ever got a "modern fitting" bike, would never want to ride their other bikes. This bike is very comfortable, climbs great, is stable at speed and corners amazingly at speed but it feels more like you are on a ride than riding it. My other bikes manual easily, they are snappy and you can make them do whatever you want. This one rides best when you keep your weight centred between the wheels. Also fun but a different experience.

Which models are your other bikes ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Staktup wrote:
rahrider wrote:

Which models are your other bikes ?

I have a bit of a bicycle problem:
Knolly Warden Carbon Mullet in XL
Evil Insurgent in L
Lynskey Bootleg in L
Surley Karate Monkey single speed rigid

Sufficed to say, I am used to a shorter wheelbase and shorter reach. I thought about getting a L Process but the ETT was way too short and the stack way to low; it would have been awkward. The XL is a good size and feels right.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007242
Mobile Version of Website