Kona Process 134 Thread

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 134 Thread
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
Just bought a 2022 DL… Will try to grab some pics tomorrow afternoon before work.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 2:21 Quote
cwight wrote:
I boosted the stock pike up to 150mm on my 134 and put a MegNeg on the superdeluxe with 0 tokens and one negative spacer and it changed the way the bike feels and made it from more of a light trail bike to way more capable and supportive ride through chunk and in built up jumps/ berms. I might add a token and spacer as the more alpine riding starts to dry up but overall I'm digging the performance change.

By one negative spacer , do you mean one of the rubber bands?

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 4:33 Quote
There are some threads mentioning coil shocks on a Process 134 and hoping to get some tips on spring rate. I have a 2020 Process CR/DL.
Please reply with your spring rate, weight in full riding gear and final sag. I do like to hit some drops. I have tried the spring calculators but want to get some tried and tested advice.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 13:02 Quote
I’m running a 550lb dhx2 on my 134. Weigh about 205lbs kitted and measuring around 18-20% sag!

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 17:39 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
I’m running a 550lb dhx2 on my 134. Weigh about 205lbs kitted and measuring around 18-20% sag!
. Thanks I am 170lbs and the it looks like a 450lb or 500lb spring would be about right based on the tf tuned calculator.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 19:30 Quote
AlexBreck wrote:
p-m-z wrote:
AlexBreck wrote:
coil shock made the bike far more lively. felt dead with the dpx2 but with a coil the bike feels very solid.

What shock did you go with? I've been thinking of getting a coil for mine.

marzocchi bomber cr custom tuned by avalanche. granted the custom tune helps a ton but i think even a stock coil would really improve the bike over air.

What spring rate did you find worked for you? What is your weight in full riding gear and sag percent?

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 19:33 Quote
see other thread I just started on coil spring rates

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
Anyone convert their 27.5 to a 29er?? Or mullet?? I love my 134al, but am itching for 29er!! Guess I could just find a new 134??

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
I’m somewhere in the height range between 6 ft 1/2 and 6ft 3/4, I have a large Process 134. Definitely feels smaller than when I got it since I’ve grown a little, but is it too small? What size would everyone be in at my height? Might need a new frame.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
If you feel like you're cramped on the bike or it feels too twitchy, you might want the XL. But one person's cramped and twitchy is another person's playful and poppy. Some people are happier sizing up and others are happier sizing down.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 21:25 Quote
BraydenJohnson wrote:
I’m somewhere in the height range between 6 ft 1/2 and 6ft 3/4, I have a large Process 134. Definitely feels smaller than when I got it since I’ve grown a little, but is it too small? What size would everyone be in at my height? Might need a new frame.

I'm between 6'1 and 6'2" and the L was small. I tried putting the seat at the appropriate height on the large and it was a joke. The drop to the bars was enormous and the ETT was puny. I ended up going XL and it fit well but was not playful enough for me - ended up selling it.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
rahrider wrote:
BraydenJohnson wrote:

I'm between 6'1 and 6'2" and the L was small. I tried putting the seat at the appropriate height on the large and it was a joke. The drop to the bars was enormous and the ETT was puny. I ended up going XL and it fit well but was not playful enough for me - ended up selling it.

Would putting higher rise bars or a longer stem have helped?

O+
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 10:57 Quote
I am 6 foot with a 32 inseam and on a Large. I feel it is the perfect size for me. If I had a XL it would be too much to handle on some of our tight trails.

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
BraydenJohnson wrote:
rahrider wrote:
BraydenJohnson wrote:

Would putting higher rise bars or a longer stem have helped?

Probably. Maybe a 50 or 60mm stem and a 40mm rise bar? But there was a lot of seatpost showing. I have long legs so maybe for someone with a shorter inseam it wouldn't be such a stretch. I am always on the cusp between L and XL. The 134 Large was the smallest large I've ever looked at. It fits smaller than it's numbers suggest IMO. The XL was as big as I like to go, so I agree with above comment that for someone 6'0 with 32inch inseam, the XL would be a bit cumbersome

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008880
Mobile Version of Website