2020 Instinct BC

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2020 Instinct BC
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
Interested in adding a Cane Creek angleset to slacken the bike a little (stock 160/155 configuration, X2 rear shock).

1- Do you think it’s a good idea? My take is that it would make the STA a bit steeper, the BB slightly lower and obviously the HTA a bit slacker, basically moving towards a more modern geometry.

2- I’m having a hard time figuring out which part I need… is the Cane Creek Angleset ZS44/28.6 / ZS56/40 the right one? If not, which one do I need?

Thanks for your help!

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
PapaGordo wrote:
The BC Edition Instinct is just a long shocked Instinct. They removed the Ride-9 from the BC Editions for rear tire clearance reasons. I BC'd my instinct last season and after reading the interview with TV a few weeks ago, I bought a pair of offset bushings so I can access more of the Ride-9 settings. In past, the Ride-3 has been the setting I have used and curious how it feels with the BC Edition.
Care to elaborate what TV interview you are speaking of? Would love to check it out, thanks!

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
PapaGordo wrote:
The BC Edition Instinct is just a long shocked Instinct. They removed the Ride-9 from the BC Editions for rear tire clearance reasons. I BC'd my instinct last season and after reading the interview with TV a few weeks ago, I bought a pair of offset bushings so I can access more of the Ride-9 settings. In past, the Ride-3 has been the setting I have used and curious how it feels with the BC Edition.
Care to elaborate what TV interview you are speaking of? Would love to check it out, thanks!

It was from a bike check:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-thomas-vanderhams-rocky-mountain-instinct-bc-edition.html

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
Next Question, where can I buy the offset bushings?? Thanks!

PapaGordo wrote:
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
PapaGordo wrote:
The BC Edition Instinct is just a long shocked Instinct. They removed the Ride-9 from the BC Editions for rear tire clearance reasons. I BC'd my instinct last season and after reading the interview with TV a few weeks ago, I bought a pair of offset bushings so I can access more of the Ride-9 settings. In past, the Ride-3 has been the setting I have used and curious how it feels with the BC Edition.
Care to elaborate what TV interview you are speaking of? Would love to check it out, thanks!

It was from a bike check:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-thomas-vanderhams-rocky-mountain-instinct-bc-edition.html

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
Next Question, where can I buy the offset bushings?? Thanks!

PapaGordo wrote:
Enonnaighsoj wrote:

Care to elaborate what TV interview you are speaking of? Would love to check it out, thanks!

It was from a bike check:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-thomas-vanderhams-rocky-mountain-instinct-bc-edition.html

I got mine at https://www.offsetbushings.com/

I only use one at the forward mount. I am in the Ride 3 position. The HTA is 65 degrees and the BBD is just about the same as if it was in Ride 1.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
And are you doing this with the 8.5" BC shock or the 210mm regular instinct shock? Thanks for all the info, excited to try this

PapaGordo wrote:
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
Next Question, where can I buy the offset bushings?? Thanks!


I got mine at https://www.offsetbushings.com/

I only use one at the forward mount. I am in the Ride 3 position. The HTA is 65 degrees and the BBD is just about the same as if it was in Ride 1.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
And are you doing this with the 8.5" BC shock or the 210mm regular instinct shock? Thanks for all the info, excited to try this

PapaGordo wrote:
Enonnaighsoj wrote:
Next Question, where can I buy the offset bushings?? Thanks!


I got mine at https://www.offsetbushings.com/

I only use one at the forward mount. I am in the Ride 3 position. The HTA is 65 degrees and the BBD is just about the same as if it was in Ride 1.

I first used it with the BC shock but switched back to 210x55 this season. I think it has been a great mod for me. Also, I did overfork both the bc edition (170mm) and the regular (150mm).

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006672
Mobile Version of Website