Dirt jump bikes for tall people (2019/2020)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt jump bikes for tall people (2019/2020)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
For any that have any experience or advice on the matter,

I am 6'5 but really want to get into dirt jumping/pump track riding. Have found a local pumptrack, but find neither of my current bikes are very suited to riding it (long travel trail bike & big 29er HCHT)

I've been looking into getting a Calibre Astronut, based on price mainly, but want to look into other options that could be suited better for me for my size.

Any advice appreciated, TIA

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
you could get a older hardcore hardtail frame, something like an NS surge/suburban or old Charge blender, Dialled Hole shot etc an set it up single speed & a 100-130 fork. older "4X" frames sometimes had more than one size. For instance my old Cannondale chase was a large jump bike, they actually came in 4 sizes! I had a Static bikes Evil Twin that was a good size, Evils chromo jump frame is another

thinking about it, I reckon an NS suburban could be just what your'e looking for
Also there's a couple of lads at my local P'track that have Specialized ChroMo jump bikes that come up a bit bigger than most jump bikes.

the "Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street" thread on PB would be a good place for info

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 5:24 Quote
Thanks Nojzilla!

To be fair, i have looked at an older Cotic BFE frame, to build up as a 26er with short travel fork, figured that would work well?

I'll need to look into the NS suburban, you got any ideas where i can find them? Or just keep an eye out on the buy/sell page here on PB? I'll have to check out the thread actually, see what others are using. Cheers dude

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
the newer Bfe's are good though I had a Bfe 'classic' that was nice but, the rear end was WAY too flexible!! I only had it a couple months an sold it to a young skinny lad Big Grin
I think? the NS metropolis is a complete bike based on the Suburban frame.
Yeah keep an eye on the buy sell here, Ebay sometimes bike parks will have a buy sell page on FB Chicksands has a good one for example

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
I've got a new SolarisMAX and i love it, so naturally i am probably more biased toward Cotic as a brand. Can not afford to fork out for a brand new frame unfortunately (not after the last one ahaha!)
If they are that flexible i'll have to avoid them.

I'll look into it! NS do the Octane One frames as well don't they?

Facebook pages have them for sale as well? Damn, i've missed a trick there

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Octane One is NS's budget brand (I think?)
yeah it's a shame that so any DJ bikes/frames come in one size fits all, with a 4X bike/frame you'll at least get a longer wheel base TT/CS but still quite low slung. That's why I think you look for an old hardcore hardtail to run SS

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Transition pbj in a size long is pretty big for a dj

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Im the same height, the ones i've been looking at is commencals absolut (nice price), transition PBJ & YT dirt love.

Chromag, DMR and some other i haven forgot the name of have djs in similar sizes. But I couldnt find any around EU so I think i'll go with the absolut.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Im the same height, the ones i've been looking at is commencals absolut (nice price), transition PBJ & YT dirt love.

Chromag, DMR and some other i haven forgot the name of have djs in similar sizes. But I couldnt find any around EU so I think i'll go with the absolut.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
I have the new Absolut in size L, I'm 6ft 1 and had to buy a 33mm stem and slam the rear wheel to shorten it slightly as it felt huge

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007326
Mobile Version of Website