What is the most Dirt Jumperish FS bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the most Dirt Jumperish FS bike?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
...that is not a Yeti SB100 Razz

I am looking for basically a low travel FS bike that has a short enough wheelbase and low seat tube that makes it ok on tighter bmx dirt jumps. Any older bike frame with 26" wheels or QR is fine. The main point of short travel is to make sure that the wheelbase stays on the shorter side, and obviously the low seat tube is needed for butt clearance.

For reference, I want something that I can ride xc trails on with the seat up, but then also do the tighter bmx jumps. I have tried said jumps on my older 27.5 trail bike with a 1200mm wheelbase, and even with suspension locked out the wheelbase makes it hard to pump some of the tighter jumps.

I have also had a hardtail dirt jumper, a specialized p.slope, and a dartmoor hornet, and test rode 27.5+ hardtail. None of which really fill my need. The 2 jump bikes can't really be ridden on trails, the 27.5+ hardtail suffers from the same longer wheelbase problem due to rear tire clearance. The hornet was the best, but I don't like the narrow tires on the xc trails as its a rougher ride.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
phops wrote:
...that is not a Yeti SB100 Razz

I am looking for basically a low travel FS bike that has a short enough wheelbase and low seat tube that makes it ok on tighter bmx dirt jumps. Any older bike frame with 26" wheels or QR is fine. The main point of short travel is to make sure that the wheelbase stays on the shorter side, and obviously the low seat tube is needed for butt clearance.

For reference, I want something that I can ride xc trails on with the seat up, but then also do the tighter bmx jumps. I have tried said jumps on my older 27.5 trail bike with a 1200mm wheelbase, and even with suspension locked out the wheelbase makes it hard to pump some of the tighter jumps.

I have also had a hardtail dirt jumper, a specialized p.slope, and a dartmoor hornet, and test rode 27.5+ hardtail. None of which really fill my need. The 2 jump bikes can't really be ridden on trails, the 27.5+ hardtail suffers from the same longer wheelbase problem due to rear tire clearance. The hornet was the best, but I don't like the narrow tires on the xc trails as its a rougher ride.

maybe a transition bottle rocket?

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 0:43 Quote
yeah bottle rocket, or a FS 4X bike. Not many bikes made like that anymore.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
Transition Double or Triple ( I have a Triple and love it ! )

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 23:05 Quote
New pike for Easter

MINE! Big Grin
can be set up geared, I went SS for play

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
New pike for Easter

MINE! Big Grin
can be set up geared, I went SS for play
Awesome !

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
Slopestyle bikes would be close to what you're looking for

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
I have this same bike that does everything pretty well. https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2682627/
Also the pivot m4x looks pretty sweet. https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-m4x-1

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009340
Mobile Version of Website