Lyrik RC2 charger and debonair air spring upgrade. adjustability and fine tuning.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Lyrik RC2 charger and debonair air spring upgrade. adjustability and fine tuning.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
I apologize if this has been asked or talked about before but Im hoping I can get some answers here.
I have a 2017 Specialized Enduro with the 170mm Lyrik RC charger originally installed. I upgraded to the new Debonair air spring and RC2 charger which has LSC adjustability, and installed by my LBS.
my question is, once I got it back from the shop and turn the compression adjustment for LSC and HSC while static/standing over bike, i do not feel much difference in compression both for slow and high adjustments. but rebound adjustments seem to work fine. and yes my sag has been set to what i normally like, about 25-30%.
I have been told that to really feel the changes in compression settings Id have to ride it on the trail and adjust as neccessary. is this true?

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
You "might" just sense the LSC setting in a 'car park' test from fully open to fully closed, but there's no way to feel the HSC setting. That's definitely something you'll feel more on the trails. And even then, some people have more sensibility on how a fork reacts than others.

Me, as much as I can quite pinpoint what I don't like in a fork rather quickly, a shock is another story and harder for me to setup.

Also, 25-30% of SAG is in my opinion way too high, but that's different for everyone.

Start in the middle for both, try to find a "loop" you can run a few times consistently and get going experimenting with different settings.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006810
Mobile Version of Website