Reverb Stealth intermitant issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb Stealth intermitant issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
I have a 3 year old, low mileage Reverb Stealth that's giving me headaches. I dropped it today on a ride and I could not get it to return by hitting the paddle or by manual force . I know this is a common problem with these droppers, but what I can't understand, is why when I tried an hour later, the thing worked perfectly. Every thread I've read describes flushing the dropper to get it to return again. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to get caught miles out having to ride with my knees in my eyeballs again.

It was 30 deg today and I topped off the post to 250psi last month if it matters..

Thanks

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
I don't have a reverb but sub 35 degree temps really messed with my KS Lev. I'm pretty sure the oil thickens up to the point it can cause a hydraulic lock kind of situation. It may have warmed up enough later in the ride to operate again.

Just switched to a crank Bros highline. I'm hoping the cartridge system solves the cold weather issue.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
That makes sense. I read someone else had temp issue but it was a sub zero problem..

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
I have the same dropper. Pretty much everything you said is true. I get poor performance in the cold (below 10 C...ish). I usually have to flush it a couple times a winter (Vancouver Island winter) and that usually resolves the slow performance. Never have issues in the summer.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
I've got two that are sticky and sound like zippers. Never again.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
An update to my previous post. Living in SW Florida, our rides are typically in warm to hot weather. The Reverb that I am currently riding is 'sticky' and noisy during warm weather rides. I had to opportunity to ride in low 50 degree (10c) and the post was flawless. Seems to be temperature sensitive.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Had same issue in cold weather last year, was able to make the post raise again by pumping the button several times. Went to a Bike Yoke Dehy system and it worked well for most of this summer. On a Fox Transfer post now.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
Intermittent action can be a lever bleed symptom.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Yep bleed the lever, I had to do that evry few months as it would get slower and slower. When I had a reverb...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010618
Mobile Version of Website