Saddle Frame Replacement

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Saddle Frame Replacement
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
Hey, I have a WTB Silverado Saddle with titanium rails on my bike. The canvas is starting to peel off the top of the seat from the nose. I was going to buy a new saddle but I started to think I can just buy the cheaper version of my saddle that come with steel rails and just swap out my titanium rails onto the new seat frame. Is this doable? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
Can't you just re upholser it ? cover it in a material of your choice.

This day an age theres a wealth of varied material types that can be got in sheet form,
leather, carbon,. kevlar, rubber, denim, natural or synthetic its endless,
stick your own design on it and give it a personal touch.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
rossi45 wrote:
Hey, I have a WTB Silverado Saddle with titanium rails on my bike. The canvas is starting to peel off the top of the seat from the nose. I was going to buy a new saddle but I started to think I can just buy the cheaper version of my saddle that come with steel rails and just swap out my titanium rails onto the new seat frame. Is this doable? Thanks!
Nope, you will not swap rails. Learn to live with few grams heavier bike, thats how it goes - you buy best equipment you can afford, when starts to fail you just replace it with cheaper stuff which works almost as good Big Grin

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
The weight difference of the rails is only a few grams.

Look at the High Tail weights, as it has versions that differ only in titanium vs. CroMo rails. The difference: 25 g.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Pretty much what I figured. I pulled my saddle off and it looks like the rails are moulded in. Not really concerned about weight, more like....now I have to throw out some good titanium rails for nothing. So much upcycling these...

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
rossi45 wrote:
Pretty much what I figured. I pulled my saddle off and it looks like the rails are moulded in. Not really concerned about weight, more like....now I have to throw out some good titanium rails for nothing. So much upcycling these...

Yeah, it really is a shame. As mentioned above, you could have it reupholstered - a friend of mine did it with good results, though he could've chosen a more durable material.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008240
Mobile Version of Website