Dropper post recommendation

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Dropper post recommendation
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
I sometimes think it's luck with the dropper, i've had 3, the Reverb that i hated plus the cost to service it, KS post, and now trying out a TAG Metals 150mm post i got on a deal from CRC, 4 months in the TAG hasn't put a foot wrong, smooth up and down, out in all Scottish weathers so far. i also prefer mechanical over hydraulic posts, again easier to maintain

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
traqs wrote:
brand-x, great dropper, almost 2 years in no issues lever absolutly sucks tho

To counter this, I’m on my 3rd this year, two warranty replacements where it loses power and becomes sticky on return, this one feels like it’s going the same way, and be lucky if I’ve rode the bike once every 2 weeks so not a lot of use. I’ll probably try for a refund and get something else, great when it’s a hassle to replace and claim warranty every couple months.

170mm model though which could make a difference

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
I have a PNW Bachelor and 6 months in and no issues. The stock lever is rubbish (i'm running with a modded shifter) so it's a good idea to spend the extra for the PNW lever.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Bike Yoke Revive. Gotta be the smoothest and easiest to compress dropper in the game. Not that it’s hard to place your fat ass on the seat to compress a normal dropper, but the Revive goes down with as little effort as it goes up.

Very nice posts, also very expensive.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Hi everyone,

Question with hopes of recommendations. I would like to buy my girlfriend a new dropper post for Christmas. She currently rides a Scott Genius 710, size Small, with a Fox Transfer 100mm. However, it is still a little big...

Does anyone know or have recommendations on any dropper posts made that are less than 100mm, and a diameter of 31.6? I am not super educated on dropper posts, and if this is even possible. I appreciate any info/recommendations!

Bike Yoke Divine is 80mm drop. KS Lev also do an 80mm version. It may be worth looking at One Up if the current 100mm drop is only just too long, they have a very low stack height and can be lowered to 100mm.

metaam wrote:
Bike Yoke Divine is 80mm drop. KS Lev also do an 80mm version. It may be worth looking at One Up if the current 100mm drop is only just too long, they have a very low stack height and can be lowered to 100mm.

A KS Lev probably won't last long and the head is noisy as hell....based on my experience with a KS Lev post.

Explodo wrote:
metaam wrote:

A KS Lev probably won't last long and the head is noisy as hell....based on my experience with a KS Lev post.

Maybe I've been lucky, had a Lev for a couple of years with no issue. Having said that, I'd opt for the Bike Yoke.

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Brand X for me.... cheap, reliable and works. I've had mine for 2 years and it's still going strong. (I did have to replace the lever with a better one though - stock wears out and gets enough slop that it won't actuate the dropper. I went with a Crankbrothers and now I have a great-working system for less than $200.)

Posted: 16 hours ago Quote
RemedyRider1 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Question with hopes of recommendations. I would like to buy my girlfriend a new dropper post for Christmas. She currently rides a Scott Genius 710, size Small, with a Fox Transfer 100mm. However, it is still a little big...

Does anyone know or have recommendations on any dropper posts made that are less than 100mm, and a diameter of 31.6? I am not super educated on dropper posts, and if this is even possible. I appreciate any info/recommendations!

Look at one up components. My girlfriend had a 125mm transfer and we have fitted a 150mm one up as they both had the same size from collar to seat rails. You can also shim the one up to what ever drop you want

To the op, bike yoke revive is the best post I've owned and I think I've owned most. Followed by one up and then brand x. KS have always been good but no real reason to buy one over others unless you need 27.2 or external routing

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
Best: BikeYoke Revive / Divine
Best value: Brand X, OneUp
Honourable mention: Fox Transfer for reliability

Posted: 12 hours ago Quote
I must be the only person to have had a transfer fail 3 rides old

Posted: 6 hours ago Quote
Another happy brand-X customer, mine is 10 months old, a bit more than 2000km, no issues. The low price compared with the 2yr warranty make it a very popular choice. Mine is the 150mm version with fixed air pressure. It seems at least as reliable as the more expensive options. The lever was revised sometime last year,older one was said to be flimsy, current one is fine.

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
I believe the Brand X only goes down to 105mm, unless you go for the CX 85mm dropper which is 27.2mm and would have to be shimmed.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007934
Mobile Version of Website