Gambler Tuned 2020 vs YT Tues 29 CF Pro Race

PB Forum :: Downhill
Gambler Tuned 2020 vs YT Tues 29 CF Pro Race
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
Hi all, looking for some advice on my next bike and choosing between new Gambler Tuned and new YT Tues 29.

For Gambler, I got the following pros/cons (subjective)
- costs a lot
- custom and questionable spare parts such as bash guard and handlebar with integrated stem
+ color scheme
+ currently using Gambler 710 2014 which makes me love the products of Scott

YT Tues pros/cons
- never rode any of YTs so a bit doubtful on their control and rear suspension work
- unpleasant color schemes without vividness Smile
+ way cheaper than Tuned Gambler
- except for the price looks way less appealing for me

For both bikes it is important to say that I'm used to fine-tuning, so I still will be looking for stem, handlebar, grips, titanium bolt set, maybe titanium spring with different spring rate to original and tires as well as I'll need to make 27.5 carbon rear wheel to make it 27.5/29 bike.

Given all of these, what would you say of 2 things:
- if you one of the lucky who ridden both, which one is better for competitive racing?
- would you go with a cheaper bike even the colors/suspension scheme you don't like?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
I’ve only ridden the 29 CF PRO RACE. Paint finish is definitely not as great as Scott. It jumped really well, and it was also really good in steep tech. At almost 6’4” tall I tried both the XL and the L, The XL was a straight line monster truck that felt like a race bike, the faster I went the better it went. The L was more of an all rounder feeling bike, good at everything but great at nothing. Both were bikes that I was feeling immediately at home on within 15 seconds.

If you want a beauty queen, buy the Scott. Otherwise, demo them both if you can.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
yzedf wrote:
If you want a beauty queen, but the Scott.

yep, beauty is one of my expensive habits, can't afford myself riding on ugly bikes...

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
singulardroid wrote:
yzedf wrote:
If you want a beauty queen, but the Scott.

yep, beauty is one of my expensive habits, can't afford myself riding on ugly bikes...

Don’t look for a YT then LOL

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007697
Mobile Version of Website