SUNTOUR ZERON REVIEW

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
SUNTOUR ZERON REVIEW
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is running a set of 2019 sr suntour Zeron 35 coil front forks?. Are they any good... SUNTOUR always seems to shout cheap entry stuff in my mind?? Has this changed... The Zeron comes with 35mm alloy stanchions with magnesium lowers which seems pretty good for the money. I have a chance of a brand new 2019 set at a good price and looking to replace my Rock shox recon Rl.
Any advice?

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
AndyF82 wrote:
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is running a set of 2019 sr suntour Zeron 35 coil front forks?. Are they any good... SUNTOUR always seems to shout cheap entry stuff in my mind?? Has this changed... The Zeron comes with 35mm alloy stanchions with magnesium lowers which seems pretty good for the money. I have a chance of a brand new 2019 set at a good price and looking to replace my Rock shox recon Rl.
Any advice?

although i have never ridden the zeron, i have had personal time on the auron and durolux, suntour has definitely changed and make some serious stuff, both really good smooth forks, super easy to service and setup

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 1:37 Quote
I have it on my hardtail.

In the beginning, it felt harsh and caused pain in my arms.

However, once I've managed to adjust the rebound properly, this feeling was just gone and now the riding is pleasant.
It is heavier than the AIR forks and my initial plan was to swap it for air one but meanwhile, the mentioned above arm pump disappear and I've stuck with the Zeron.

On top of that, there are almost 0 real reviews related to this exact fork and I'm curious how it will handle in long term.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 3:43 Quote
vlmr wrote:
I have it on my hardtail.

In the beginning, it felt harsh and caused pain in my arms.

However, once I've managed to adjust the rebound properly, this feeling was just gone and now the riding is pleasant.
It is heavier than the AIR forks and my initial plan was to swap it for air one but meanwhile, the mentioned above arm pump disappear and I've stuck with the Zeron.

On top of that, there are almost 0 real reviews related to this exact fork and I'm curious how it will handle in long term.

What rebound setting did you end up with? interested as mine are feeling a bit harsh at the moment and was going to try some different rebound settings

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
Unfortunately, because of the current season and the bad weather, the bike is not with me.
I can check that next week and post the exact settings.
However, as far as I remember, the initial setup (the harsh one) was:
Fully open - to the fastest and then -5 clicks
Currently, I believe that I'm running it -9 or -10 out of 19, which is a lot but in reality, not diving as I expected.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004685
Mobile Version of Website