MRP ramcontrol with DVO forks?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MRP ramcontrol with DVO forks?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
On their website, MRP states that you can only buy ones that will fit Fox, Rockshox, and x-fusion. Does anyone know if one of these can be retrofitted to work with some of DVO'S suspension? The stanchions on the Onyx for example are 36mm, which is the same as the Fox 36 I believe. Has anyone tried this?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
I have only owned the Diamond, but fairly certain it applies to the Onyx also.
DVO does not use volume reducers like Fox and others. I don’t believe the air side would be accessible in the same way to install the ramp control cartridge. I sold my Diamond a few weeks back so just going off memory but 99.9% sure it won’t work.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
The new Onyx forks now use a system to adjust air volume called AVA (air volume adjust). To change volume, it looks like you re-position in different configurations on an air volume assembly. I don't think this feature has made it to their other forks as of yet. You still need to adjust air volume by adding oil to the air chamber on the diamond.

As Branmuffin stated, there is probably an incompatibility between the ramp control and DVO internals, as opposed to being related to stanchion size..

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
@PapaGordo - that ava is only for dual cown, not single crown i believe.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 1:52 Quote
even if both are 36 mm doesn't mean their thread pitches are the same , if your fork is new you're gona throw away the warranty just trying this

rather email DVo and describe your issue and then try to solve it following their advice

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008039
Mobile Version of Website