Trek FS: Remedy, Slash or Fuel EX?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek FS: Remedy, Slash or Fuel EX?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Hi! I'm gonna get myself one of those bikes in a day or two and needless to say, I'm excited about it Drool

I have tried all three bikes in terms of sizing or fit... Remedy is the one that probably fit best to my taste.
I'm also absolutely impressed by Slash, it appears to be bike very much like Remedy just on bigger wheels and Slash felt bigger overall even if it was same size bike - 19.5" - and pretty much same geometry.
Fuel EX was also a nice bike, it fits nice too.
BTW I'm 6'1.5" (187cm) and inseam around 34.2" (87cm), 78kg, and have always preffered bikes slighty on the smaller size...Cool
I'm pretty much riding tame trails, nothing really technical or in any other way much demanding. Although I'm a dad I consider my physical fit quite seriously, exercising regularly every day and all that stuff.

My prob is obvious, Which one to choose? I'm really inclined to go for Remedy, it's lovely bike that should probably be most fun, but as I said I'm really impressed by Slash (and videos I watched on youtube).

In all honesty I don't believe I could go wrong with any of these bikes, but I still like to hear opinions. Thanks!Book

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
If you don't need the extra travel, go with the Fuel EX. Save a little coin, add a little responsiveness...

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
I'd go by the trek size guide , it's pretty much spot on.
Easy way to tell is If the seat post is way up in the sky , you're on too small of a bike.I think the Fuel EX will do anything you want it too. Especially for "tame trails". Heavy long travel bikes will wear you out when a lot of pedaling is involved.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Thanks guys, I appreciate this very much.
It pretty much goes with what I already thought regarding sizing. I feel nice and comfortable on Trek 19.5". I had 20" Kona Mahuna (29er) in the past and bike parts aside, never really blended with the bike because I always felt I'm riding one size too large. Tried friend's Kona Blast 19.5" (26er) and it was perfect, stable ride.
Regarding these Trek's, they're on sales/discount/last year model... pretty evenly matched price wise.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
What did you end up getting?

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 0:57 Quote
mickeyrat wrote:
What did you end up getting?
Still waiting for one bike to arrive so I may try them all together. Will post after I decide.

EDIT
Went for Remedy, it just felt nice. I'm sure I wont regret the decision, it looks and feels awesome to ride.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
Trek Remedy 7 2019 in its natural habitat.
Well, gotta say I'm loving how the bike rides, I was never really in position to just pick my route and point the (handle)bar to where I want to go... but with this bike on my local trail I just point the wheel where I want and the thing just eats up anything. Impressive.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
Congrats on an excellent choice!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013261
Mobile Version of Website