Santa Cruz v10 29er mullet conversion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa Cruz v10 29er mullet conversion?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
Does anyone have experience with converting a v10 29er to 27.5 in the rear? Would like to try this and was just wondering if people have done it...

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
I was wondering the same.. i will try it this summer!

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
I would like to try converting my 650 v10 to a 29 inch front fork. If anyone has any info on that please share.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 0:19 Quote
It's much easier turning a 29er into a mullet instead of the other way around.
I'm 6' on an XL v10 29 and feel the bike feels good under me. I dont feel the need to go over to a mullet setup. However, for those of you who feel its something worth testing, I would reccomend an offset bushing on the frames side mount for the shock (DU closest to the piggyback), and running it in the high/short setting. This will maintain the geo as close to factory as possible for the front end/head angle and BB height.
Ultimately expect a slightly differant suspention curve than normal. Given the position of the lower link, I would expect it to be slightly more progressive, and have a minor effect on the spring rate (lower leverage ratio). I cant say you would experiance much change beyond more clearance off for your ass beyond that, but then again it's all subjective at that point.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
why do you say that is is easy to cover the 29er? you mean because you don't have to buy the fork as well?
Also ,if Santacruz website says I need a 25x 8 will a 25.4 x 8 work? probably not huh

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
Ya one more question, if you do the offset bushing thing, and I assume you put the offset in the orientation that makes the shocks eye to eye longer, Does the bushing rotate over time to the shorter side? or is there a way to keep it from moving?

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 1:59 Quote
will54869 wrote:
why do you say that is is easy to cover the 29er? you mean because you don't have to buy the fork as well?
Also ,if Santacruz website says I need a 25x 8 will a 25.4 x 8 work? probably not huh

Hi!

A 25.4x8mm will not work unfortunately there. We can produce a 25x8mm for you though - I run www.offsetbushings.com and we can produce any size whether offset or standard drilled.

Regarding the offsets, they're designed to make the e2e shorter. We can't recommend using them in reverse as they'll want to rotate. Some linkages will stop this rotation from happening, but there's no other way of keeping it in place.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
will54869 wrote:

I say this because the orientation of the frame is designed to handle 29" wheels. If you put the bike in the Hi setting, your really only sitting the BB down about 5mm below where it would sit in the low setting with 29" rear wheel. This ultimately will keep the majority of the angles as close to where santa cruz designed. The high setting will also give slightly more progression in the stroke too, so it wont want to ride as deep into the travel.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
nvmoondog wrote:
I would like to try converting my 650 v10 to a 29 inch front fork. If anyone has any info on that please share.

My buddy
@jodiebogart on insta has done this to his bike. Pics on his insta, im sure you can ask him about it too

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006190
Mobile Version of Website